ebay bumperettes worth it?

EastBay521

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both the OEM and Ebay. Ebay is on the truck now.

OEM:

Needs rechrome

Thicker and more solid

has tailgate drop snubbers

EBAY:

Chrome is good, not super show quality, but you'll win with them

Thinner than OEM

DOES not have the holes for the tailgate snubbers.

I do like the Ebay ones because of the lack of snubber hole. If you take care  of it with some polish and protectant, it will last a long time. Ultimately I'll go back to OEM, I think skyblue wants the ebay ones (with brackets).

Ebay ones..how you like my trailer hitch? It forces people to walk around not near LOL.

sidefv.jpg

I have a set of new 320 headlight rings that Mike bought from overseas, sometimes they are not "better than nothing", Mike didn't put them on the NL320, and neither will I, they are crap, the old used ones look better.

Sometimes a few buyers can get lucky, sort of like seeding the inventory with a few good ones, just to get rid of the rest.

They might be great parts, I just have not seen/heard of good ones till today.

I have both the OEM and Ebay. Ebay is on the truck now.

OEM:

Needs rechrome

Thicker and more solid

has tailgate drop snubbers

EBAY:

Chrome is good, not super show quality, but you'll win with them

Thinner than OEM

DOES not have the holes for the tailgate snubbers.

I do like the Ebay ones because of the lack of snubber hole. If you take care  of it with some polish and protectant, it will last a long time. Ultimately I'll go back to OEM, I think skyblue wants the ebay ones (with brackets).

Ebay ones..how you like my trailer hitch? It forces people to walk around not near LOL.

sidefv.jpg

i do want them when you're ready to release them.

not much to add that hasn't been said. if no brackets i'd hold off. best to find brackets first, or make some.

I'm thinking about getting my hands on one of those if I can get it cheap enough. Main reason is to make a template out of it. I'm thinking about making some bumperettes either out of fibreglass or carbon fibre for fun. If they come out well enough, maybe even sell a few. I want to do this with both front and rear.

I have both brackets and bumperettes in new condition I have been thinking of selling, any idea what they are worth? My restoration buddy told me prices should generally be double whatever the repro stuff is selling for? Then of course there would be the brackets in addition to the bumpers. In fact while I am at it anyone know what a NOS tailgate would go for as well?

I have both brackets and bumperettes in new condition I have been thinking of selling, any idea what they are worth? My restoration buddy told me prices should generally be double whatever the repro stuff is selling for? Then of course there would be the brackets in addition to the bumpers. In fact while I am at it anyone know what a NOS tailgate would go for as well?

Vancouver WA, or Canada?

Your photo has snow, so I am thinking Canada.

Is that a 521 tailgate your thinking about selling? I would be interested if your in Vancouver WA.

We all do a lot of custom work to our cars and trucks as far as suspension fabrication, motor swaps and all that. Yet I find it mentioned numerous times about people needing bumperette brackets. I could understand that it's preferable to have some that bolt up, but a good day's work should get some built. Why let the absense of original brackets be a show stopper?

oldschoolvws, is it just me or do the shaved bed hooks make your bed look longer? Awesome truck BTW, looks slick as glass.

We all do a lot of custom work to our cars and trucks as far as suspension fabrication, motor swaps and all that. Yet I find it mentioned numerous times about people needing bumperette brackets. I could understand that it's preferable to have some that bolt up, but a good day's work should get some built. Why let the absense of original brackets be a show stopper?

oldschoolvws, is it just me or do the shaved bed hooks make your bed look longer? Awesome truck BTW, looks slick as glass.

Well get to work put a design together and put a list of people who want them.C'mon.

Well get to work put a design together and put a list of people who want them.C'mon.

I ain't got no bumperettes lol. I gotta buy paint and stuff before I can buy those. But I'll see if I can make an easily reproducible set of brackets when I get some bumperettes.

^ yeah, what he said

IMG_0328_zps43dd88a4.jpg

I picked these from another member, the chrome on the bottom isn't great but it's not flaking off either.

PL521 Brackets, bumperettes with old rubber bumpers and everything - shipped $150 - seems like the going price.

A member was posting the question "how much are these worth" then folks jumped on him for not following the rules :rofl:

I sent him a PM - he skipped all the trouble dealing with the Ratun Police - making the deal really easy for both of us.

They're out there - just keep looking!

how much i will buy them from you,make some money and look horrible on that 620.shipping to 92880 lets make a deal

• 4 months later...