Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my father in law's car. It's a '72 that he bought in '73. It has 60k on the odo and really is perfect in every way. Stock/original paint, original L24, hubcaps, radio, everything! I want to put a 5 speed in it for him, but then why? He never drives it!!!

IMG_2023Small.jpg

• Like 1

I know a couple of them, yes. I never have time to really hang with them with school and work. I'm helping a buddy put a 400 small block into his Z (I'm not a big fan of V8's in Z's but its his choice).

Jan

We know Jan.   We like him despite the smell......I mean, yeah, he needs to participate a lot more :D .   Jan,  If by 400 small block you mean LS, nice.  If you actually mean 400 small block, MEH.

We know Jan.   We like him despite the smell......I mean, yeah, he needs to participate a lot more :D .   Jan,  If by 400 small block you mean LS, nice.  If you actually mean 400 small block, MEH.

No I actually mean a 400 small block - sadly. I'm not a big fan of putting V8's into Z's and for what I've hear - from a few V8 Z owners - you can't go to big (power wise) without adding subframe braces and a complete roll cage. Its not my thing, I prefer turboed 6's, but I'll help.

As for me participating, I haven't had that much time this year mate. College is taking up nearly all my time. I also had a number of electrical gremlins in the Z that needed to be fixed before I could get her on the road. In time my good sir in time.

Jan

We have a few club members with lsx swaps and they do just fine on and off the track without cages and what not. I think the biggest detriment to tossing in a 400 is its a boat anchor. 
W/e though to each their own 

We have a few club members with lsx swaps and they do just fine on and off the track without cages and what not. I think the biggest detriment to tossing in a 400 is its a boat anchor. 

W/e though to each their own 

That's what I heard. I don't really care what you throw in your own car as long as you leave mine alone :-)

...from some one who has an LSx swap in his car, it is infinitely more fun than a turbo L6....and I had a 410 whp/410 wtq L28ET!  The structural bracing is really required for any power plant once you get up to those levels.   Do you need a cage?  Not really, but subframe connectors are nice as are strut bars

• Like 2
...from some one who has an LSx swap in his car, it is infinitely more fun than a turbo L6....and I had a 410 whp/410 wtq L28ET!  The structural bracing is really required for any power plant once you get up to those levels.   Do you need a cage?  Not really, but subframe connectors are nice as are strut bars

Thats what a person who knows the lsx swap 1st hand says every time lol. 

• Like 2