Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

The body wiring was a disaster waiting to happen. I don't know what the p/o was thinking.

I dont think anyone can count themselves as a real datsun owner unless they dealt with some super shady wiring by the PO of their car. Its a badge of pride.

My PO left me with multiple hot wires running in all different directions...about died ripping out my interior..lol.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think anyone can count themselves as a real datsun owner unless they dealt with some super shady wiring by the PO of their car. Its a badge of pride.

My PO left me with multiple hot wires running in all different directions...about died ripping out my interior..lol.

My wiring was in exceptionally good condition, but I suppose that's what you get when you overpay for a garage kept s30. Only thing was a random hot running to the stereo that set my carpet on fire when I was moving everything around. Needless to say, everything is in good shape now.

9EF402EA-B806-4A3C-A0BB-C083C2D7469D-3577-0000044D5AA21A39.jpg

Are you saying you went from an overpriced garage kept s30 to the s30 in the pic? lol

The wiring on my 72 was perfect but the 73 has a ac that was installed and removed by a monkey apparently. Plugs and hot leads all over the damn place. Some plugs once plugged in properly immediately blows fuses I still havent had time to figure out why. The lead un-soldered itself one night on my way to pool league and I had to drive home with no lights.

Good times....

Overlook the cosmetics and it's in great condition. Almost zero rust (not including the hood), wiring is in great condition, interior is nearly flawless, and besides shitty mismatched paint the exterior is in good shape, with the exception of a couple hail dings. It had cheap paint when I got it, just a single stage gloss white that peeled and faded after sitting in the sun for a few years.

With the exception of the worn out suspension, it's in pretty good shape. However that's soon to be taken care of, as well as the cosmetics soon after : )

2DC3DA27-A8D6-4D98-B4C3-A25879D958FC-3577-0000044D652C85B0.jpg

A car fan should be able to appreciate a well engineered auto from where ever. Old Porsches are just as fun (some more so) to drive and good to look at as datsuns for me. Both are well designed the main difference is Porsche wasnt forced to compromise like datsun was.

To each their own but talking down about Porsches is kind of ignorant imho.

Doesn't matter either way, mo Z's

Not mine but cool pic for topics sake.

spaceout.gif7339479904_73cd4570e8_h.jpg

Gotta look at it from an unbiased perspective. I've drifted, road raced, and autocrossed before and seen a lot of it done. And in stock trim, or with equal modifications, a Porsche is nearly always going to outperform a Z. They're simply better engineered. That's why they're also twice to three times the price.

Now, if offered either a Datsun or a Porsche, I'd still take the Datsun. Simply because I like them better, and not every tooldouchebagfagboyracerwannabe is driving one.

Topic:

old pic

c12ffdfe.jpg

another old pic

2cbc8ba4.jpg

• Like 1

Gotta look at it from an unbiased perspective. I've drifted, road raced, and autocrossed before and seen a lot of it done. And in stock trim, or with equal modifications, a Porsche is nearly always going to outperform a Z. They're simply better engineered. That's why they're also twice to three times the price.

Now, if offered either a Datsun or a Porsche, I'd still take the Datsun. Simply because I like them better, and not every tooldouchebagfagboyracerwannabe is driving one.

Topic:

old pic

c12ffdfe.jpg

another old pic

2cbc8ba4.jpg

Are you allowed to keep those plates in Oklahoma??

They're sick!!! :thumbup:

A car fan should be able to appreciate a well engineered auto from where ever. Old Porsches are just as fun (some more so) to drive and good to look at as datsuns for me. Both are well designed the main difference is Porsche wasnt forced to compromise like datsun was.

Doesn't matter either way, mo Z's

Not mine but cool pic for topics sake.

spaceout.gif7339479904_73cd4570e8_h.jpg

Who's talking down? Stated preference. Also, been on the track against them often. Equally set up, I'm not impressed. We joined a Porsche club track day a couple years ago. Results of the time attack had the 3 240z coming in 1, 2 and 3. Numerous tries to do another day and invite them to our track days resulted in absolutely no response. Not a no thanks, no way nor a 'blow me, not going to happen'. Just silence. So bias is earned and deserved. Not ignorance, experience. Thanks.

8245444677_a86405eb51_z.jpg

Bias against a car manufacturer is deserved because of some jerk offs you hit the track with once? lol Man get over it...

Preference is great, I never once said people had to like Porsche, I never compared them, don't even own one. Though if money was no object I surely would. Along with a number of other well designed machines, because fun is fun.

Bias against a car manufacturer is deserved because of some jerk offs you hit the track with once? lol Man get over it...

Preference is great, I never once said people had to like Porsche, I never compared them, don't even own one. Though if money was no object I surely would. Along with a number of other well designed machines, because fun is fun.

The point that went flying past you was that

No you said talking down about Porsche was ignorant. I answered. You missed the point, which was, the 240z is a better machine. I had some light hearted comments, you threw out the ignorant comment, I answered. You get over it. I wan't the one to start disparaging people's comments.

Jesus man let it go. You win I'm wrong move the fuck on.

The thread was back on track twice already.

Yes it is a nice zx, I dont often hear of many z's being painted pewter either. I'd like to see a better pic, cf hood?