Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so apparently Sunday Oct 21 works better for the other guys. Let's do it then. Same meeting location ; McDonalds, Catalina Hwy. 8am

Sounds good, although I don't think I'll have everything done by then, I'll haul ass to try and finish.

I'll let s30kid know what's up, but he's usually sleeping through the day at that point.

Ya it looks clean but def 4x4 status on that. Couple inches and it would look pretty damn mean.

Thanks for the compliments.

It's only on Tokico HP's and 280z 185F 200R Tokico linear springs for now.

Already cut off the flat coil from the front to make it even front to rear with about a 2 3/4 inch fender to tire gap until I figure out if I want to go to a 60 series tire for more comfort and determine ground clearance before cutting anymore.

It's current height barely clears most "obstacles" in the Sacramento and surrounding area's which include steep entrances, over sized speed bumps, pot holes 3 inches or deeper that are unavoidable 90% of the time due to there being groups of them thus leaving you the choice of which one to hit and which to avoid and so on.

The other issue is the R200 with stock u-jointed axles possibly bottoming out and causing damage or snapping an axle u-joint and causing major damage if it's lowered to much under stock height.

Still working on a solution as the only 2 choices that are reasonably priced at the moment lack a decent LSD option due to obsolete parts and weak unobtainable cv axles. There are "upgraded" cv axle options but with the quality control issues happening I wouldn't even want to chance snapping one due to poor quality.

The 300 ft/lb's it has right now will definately do some rear drivetrain damage let alone the Trickflow 170 heads and other goodies that are the next step for the stock block 302 that's in it at the moment that should put it into the 350hp/400trq range.

It's mainly a street car so the less I have to worry about bottoming out on something or breaking a drivetrain part the nicer it is to drive for right now hence why it's still sitting so high.

It's current height barely clears most "obstacles" in the Sacramento and surrounding area's which include steep entrances, over sized speed bumps, pot holes 3 inches or deeper that are unavoidable 90% of the time due to there being groups of them thus leaving you the choice of which one to hit and which to avoid and so on.

*Looks at location*......where the flip in elk grove is it like that? Drove my dumped z31 perfectly fine in sac since roads are actually maintained in most areas other than the occasional speed humps/bumps and angled driveways unless you live In a "auburn" area type roads.

*Looks at location*......where the flip in elk grove is it like that? Drove my dumped z31 perfectly fine in sac since roads are actually maintained in most areas other than the occasional speed humps/bumps and angled driveways unless you live In a "auburn" area type roads.

Well in just the elk grove area you've got- Waterman, grantline, and bradshaw is all jacked again since they decided to tear it up after they just repaved the whole thing.

I'm on the border and technically live in Sacramento now though and also drive alot on south watt, power inn, florin, 47th, gerber and alot more.

Heck, the speed bumps in my neighborhood are HUGE and I've already caught a little of the exhaust on one of them with the car's current height.

I cross a set of rail road tracks at least twice a day too, the kind where if you don't have at least a 3 inch or higher rocker panel to ground clearance and going no faster than .5 miles an hour your gonna do some damage.

I've driven a ton of low car's, most of them being exotics and driving anywhere in the Sacramento area is a major pain in the a** with a lowered car.

You should have tried the entrance to the warehouse area where my old shop was on grantline and 99, if the car was lowered you had to take the long way out the back and around the corner to get out without worry of ripping anything off the car or getting stuck.

The hood switch looks good 280zx@541 !

Wheels match the car nicely :cool:

Does your core support need welding or pulled out/replace/welding ?

It's spot welded from factory so i'll have to find someone to cut the core support off and re-weld a good one on which the parts car has here let me show you how fucked it is lol.

the welds that were made to fix the damage look bad because me and 2 other friends tried to fix it only managed to pull it enough to where the hood would open and close but as you can see i can't put a bumper on. I literally had to put a chain around the core support and around a post and put it in reverse to straighten it, ghetto as hell i know but when your broke as me you'll try different shit to get it done lol.

0E9FF38A-C533-49E4-8CA2-24E2DE3AF5A6-12534-000015C212A7341E.jpg

E6965F1A-F63F-46A3-A0C8-0F4D2642EA79-12534-000015C209CFD79D.jpg

EE88A603-2037-4F3F-80A5-ADB27D691CB2-12534-000015C2161B3D94.jpg

6802DD8C-1D0E-45FF-AF33-B096693AC836-12534-000015C21937D156.jpg

F9123CF6-7242-4253-B7CB-C70FD17195FC-12534-000015C225E4F9EE.jpg