Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pPg has a flattening agent. Just mix it in with any color single stage, viola! Better be able to paint damn good. No room for error. Ive sprayed a satin black several times, known simply as factory package. You get a satin black that is durable and lasting as any other single stage. Good for louvres and such. I use it in a few places on my cars. Fooling around with the flattening agent one day, I did a satin gray shade, then a satin gray tint below it on a spare fender. It kinda looked like shark skin. You guys wanting something unique should look into the marble, Chrome and other odd stuff from Alsa Corp.

I did my 72 in a satin, I used john deere blitz black. The prob I find with a single stage is one you get defects or polish spots etc your kind of screwed and have to respray.

A lot of guys are putting out flat clears now. I think thats def the better way to go. PPG's is called flex n flat and I hear nothing but good things about it.

Yeah with single stage you have to be consistent or irregularities will stand out. If you dont spray often or are new to it, you will not be able to get it right the first time. Never thought of the flat clear, but I like shine. So smooth it doesnt even get dirty. A fly lands on it and bumps his butt. Lol. I suppose you could use a regular clear and wet sand it with 3000 on a DA. Artificial age/oxidation. It would trap dirt easier though. More washing.

I didnt mean defects and polishing while spraying although thats true too. Any mistakes you make spraying a single stage satin/flat means you have to respray. After your done though over time edges and high traffic areas can begin to polish up and shine. Nicks, scratches as well etc... there isnt anything you can do about any of it besides respray. I find that to be a real pita.

You can use a regular clear and sand it but achieving an even texture is really hard. Then over time same as a single stage its going to begin to polish, from washing, general use etc... and you'll have to sand the whole car again because it will be impossible to spot match. How many times can that b done before burn through? Not many lol.

A clear with a flattening agent clouds the clear, it doesnt texture it so its still smooth. You can wash and wax it just like a normal paint job, because it is one. Thats why I think its def the best option these days. The biggest downside is that its pricey. Though not as pricey as when people used to use the flattening agent for plastic trim pieces for entire cars lol.

I wish it was like REAL Italy, would be 100x better lol.

You yokles can joke lol, I look at the greatest city in the hemisphere from my window :thumbup: , best beaches in the NE, cheap rent and NY night life. The countries founding history, and all that fun stuff lol. Some of the highest pay scale, property values and cheapest gas in the country. NJ aint so bad :-)

Would move out of country so fast though if the opportunity presented itself. MY issues with this place seem country wide not state isolated.... Japan was so fantastic I would love to just sell all my shit pack the Z into a sea container and be gone.

What annoys me about the whole Italian thing (as a 1st gen Italian American) is that shows like jersey shore give such a bad wrap. You know only one of them is from NJ the rest are from NY? Snooki the dumb bitch isnt even Italian. I see the idiot In Jersey city parking her tacks as shit pink escalade all the time, Im going to egg it one day.

SI and LI is guinea central not NJ. They just come to dirty our beaches, to buy their 55gal industrial drums of jell in out 3% tax rate malls and drive like retards.

First Generation Italian ??? sweet ! lol

My last name origin is from Northern Basque Country ( French-ish :rofl: oui oui )

best part is it's on the U.S terror watch list :rofl:

Japan seems like it would be a cool place to experience :cool:

Not sure about the parking thing though lol ..

55-gallon drums of gel and drive like shit ... hahaha !

Back to the oics early-stage pics of my 71 350 conversion

Picture0231.jpg

Being able to start it outside of the car properly with a key lol ( entire wiring harness/fuseblock/key from a 1975 chevy pickup sitting in top left of picture below )

1975 original block "rebuilt" supposively ( isn't everything these days ? lol :rolleyes: )

Bumped compression up a bit 9.1:1

Better heads

Quadra-puke that currently runs well on it actually lol ( needs accelerator pump )

IMG0176.jpg

A little at a time ... straight dual exhaust pipes with long cherry bomb's sound SO deafening good :lol:

At JCCS. My assigned parking was suppose to be on the pavement but my car couldn't make it down and over the little walkway.

So they threw me in this lonesome spot under a beautiful shaded tree.

jccs-2012-240z-nissan-datsun.jpg

Yeah man you had the best spot in the house. That was some funny shit when you got high centerd on the grass on your way in.

First Generation Italian ??? sweet ! lol

My last name origin is from Northern Basque Country ( French-ish :rofl: oui oui )

best part is it's on the U.S terror watch list :rofl:

Japan seems like it would be a cool place to experience :cool:

Not sure about the parking thing though lol ..

A little at a time ... straight dual exhaust pipes with long cherry bomb's sound SO deafening good :lol:

Not these days with the waxed eyebrows on patrol lol.

Do they break your balls when you fly?

Actually its easy to park in most of Japan. Since a lic costs about 10g's and taxes/tolls/gas are through the roof, not many people drive lol.

Take a vid of the exhaust? :devil: