Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just repeatin what i was told when i bought it. tho it is possible that he made up the "style" that he painted it...not sure why he would other than he fucked it up royally. i agree that woulda been easier if thats what he was going for, but seeing as how he obvously had no clue what he was doing in the first place (horrendous masking job, parts where he missed and the original orange is, the blue "striping" that was in between the white and red that was blue electrical tape...) i'm leaning more towards he just saw the colors and thought it'd make an awesome looking car no matter how he did it...and then never removed his head...

Idk where your looking ISPKI but I got both my 73 and 72 for 600 bucks lol. Shells dont cost thousands of dollars, even complete 240's can be had for reasonable price. I just sold my perfect 72 roller shell, with glass, trim etc.. a month ago for 600. West coast has a lot of datsuns, but we got tons of z's and roadsters here. Get on the CTZCC, NYZCC, NJZCC and ask around, check every craigs within 200 miles every day. They move are all over the place pretty consistently.

• Like 1

Your best bet is to have the dual vacuum control rebuilt. Mine exploded and left a few little silver BBs stuck to my stator magnet. I often wonder where the others went. Make sure you use a fluid that is safe for brass in your transmission. There is plenty written on that already. You want to preserve your transmission, it too is unique to the 80. Its identicle gears to the 81-83 naturally aspirated manuals except 5th gear. Very nice. So is your 80 a Grand Luxury or Deluxe? Duuhh! nevermind... I looked at your picture again and saw the passenger door mirror. Its a GL.

I'm not quite sure what it is? :confused: It has manual steering, manual windows, leather seats and door panels, no rear wiper. (Late reply) :sweat: