Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

Nice Z's DTP. I get a warm feeling every time I see a yellow z lmao.

I'm outside working on mine, making a to do list lol. I have been beating on it so hard so many little things need to be done....

:rofl: hahaha... funny you say that ... I get a BIG grin and lolz everytime I see yellow zcars :D :lol:

must be one of those moments ... great minds ... own similiar z cars :lol:

Oh nice ! The beating and fixing part sounds like me as well lol ... there's always a small list of things to do damn it ! :lol: hahah

The longer wheelbase in the rain will outperform coupes on slick roads. Ive heard those parts called 'center taillights' and its an aftermarket part. Ive seen them in 280zx and 280zx with Turbo in script below it. Not very common today. More common than a ZXR wing though. Every couple years I see one for sale. Though less and less show up over time. I know people that want them. Its a nice part. You should count yourself lucky to own one in good shape. Ive been wanting the center light, but got side tracked. Thanks for reminding me about it. I have only seen 1 other like yours 7-8 years ago. Mostly I see the type for the 82-83 with the black horizontal lines. So, would you like to sell it? I have cash. It will be part of my museum of Z and ZX oddities, to be preserved and used for educational purposes. I have to warn you, they are easily destroyed in car wrecks, so if you want to sport such a rare part... watch out for other drivers. Rear enders are the reason so few exist today.

ahhhhhhh thanks for the info San Maru ! I knew they weren't super common , but it was the first one I had seen in my area !

sure I would consider selling it , but be warned I also may be selling the car as a whole here fairly soon. :)

Museum haha that's awesome man.

I appreciate the heads up and info :thumbup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are ZXR hubcaps? Holy shit my first ZX had those on it, wish I'd kept them. I only have one left now. Of course, I was 16 so I had no clue what a ZXR even was.

I wish I still had that car actually

I suppose a more technical term would be Deluxe hubcaps. All the Deluxe cars including the ZXR had those hubcaps.

:rofl: hahaha... funny you say that ... I get a BIG grin and lolz everytime I see yellow zcars :D :lol:

must be one of those moments ... great minds ... own similiar z cars :lol:

Oh nice ! The beating and fixing part sounds like me as well lol ... there's always a small list of things to do damn it ! :lol: hahah

ahhhhhhh thanks for the info San Maru ! I knew they weren't super common , but it was the first one I had seen in my area !

sure I would consider selling it , but be warned I also may be selling the car as a whole here fairly soon. :)

Museum haha that's awesome man.

I appreciate the heads up and info :thumbup:

Ok, cool. I have a growing collection of strange z/zx stuff. Sometimes its used to fabricate parts that are expensive or rare, help people identify things, or just neat to look at. I think your center light would fit in nicely.

Yes, that is genuine. Aside from the ZXR, Nissan sold the wing seperately along with other performance parts. Being a progressive downforce wing, even at Interstate low speeds its pushing down. The wing is really 1 part of an aero package that works together. At 75 and the wing alone, you get a good front end lift. Its HIGHLY recommended to use a front air dam or downforce ducts on the hood to counteract front end lift. Its a real working wing designed in the wind tunnel on the ZX. Most aftermarket wings do nothing untill you are at 100 mph or so. Since yours has no pop rivet holes, its likely one sold by Nissan parts department. Its fugly but functional and effective. A friend of mine that worked at the dealership called them bird baths. Man, I wish I could find a set of the decals! They have a metallic in the decal. I would have them scanned, then everyone can have them!

Yes, that is genuine. Aside from the ZXR, Nissan sold the wing seperately along with other performance parts. Being a progressive downforce wing, even at Interstate low speeds its pushing down. The wing is really 1 part of an aero package that works together. At 75 and the wing alone, you get a good front end lift. Its HIGHLY recommended to use a front air dam or downforce ducts on the hood to counteract front end lift. Its a real working wing designed in the wind tunnel on the ZX. Most aftermarket wings do nothing untill you are at 100 mph or so. Since yours has no pop rivet holes, its likely one sold by Nissan parts department. Its fugly but functional and effective. A friend of mine that worked at the dealership called them bird baths. Man, I wish I could find a set of the decals! They have a metallic in the decal. I would have them scanned, then everyone can have them!

Yep there pretty impressive wings for that era.

I like how the wing looks, I got a pretty big air dam on my ZX so it should fit well when I slap the wing on.

Thanks guys!

Jay: dude, I wish she could make the trip but with a dead lifter on my number 6 it's gonna be tough. I dunno if to replace the engine or repair it. I have to find a good shop to get it correctly cured...

San maru: I have the stock, I just wanted a smaller aftermarket wheel. I'll keep u in mind if I do a manual swap.

And I'll snap a pic of the visors in the morning...

I like this, its outside the box without being some stupid kid shit like we keep seeing so much of. Very clean too.

Speaking to knock offs too, painting the fender mirror really classes them up. Usually I think they look like shit when I see people just mount them but here they look pretty good.

My only beef is that honda chicken wire grill lol. With all the work into the car I think even not buying then copying a JDM mesh grill is warranted. Even if not fabed a repro is only a couple hundred.

Really nice Z though I would liek to know more about it. Like is it vinyl wrapped or combo? It looks like it is from the texture and the printed out emblems. Good job to who ever did it.

it's all paint, no vinyl except for the Z emblems, and the Datsun stickers.

The mesh grille is meh.

I could relay info from the owner to you if you want more info. I believe it's a 3.2 stroker? well, it's Rebello built.

Build thread

http://community.rat...e__hl__datrolet

And moar oics.

Really they ghosted that texture into a regular paint job as well as hand painted emblems? All the more respect then because that much have been a fucking nightmare lol. Pretty awesome, he must have deep pockets for drop a rebello 3.2 in there. It must haul serious ass too, I know my self built high comp 2.8 with dcoe 40s is pretty nasty. Know what hes pushing? Like 280 I would guess.

JDMYO you can make it on a dead lifter!!! lol If your thinking to replace the motor anyway whats the dif? :-X

Drop me a line PM, let me know the situation in detail and I'll help you out. We have the technology!

Photo303.jpgHere is another rare part. Look near the oil dipstick. Its the cool air duct on the aux fan for cooling the injectors. The duct fits over the aux fan intake and ells down to draw cool air from under the car. Without this duct the fan draws hot air from beside the engine block, defeating its intended purpose! Very rare. At some point going down the road you hear a noise like, clunk pa lunk clunk clunk, and you wonder if you ran over something, left a socket under the hood, or if maybe... something fell off? Its moments like that that keep the Z experience alive.

Really they ghosted that texture into a regular paint job as well as hand painted emblems? All the more respect then because that much have been a fucking nightmare lol. Pretty awesome, he must have deep pockets for drop a rebello 3.2 in there. It must haul serious ass too, I know my self built high comp 2.8 with dcoe 40s is pretty nasty. Know what hes pushing? Like 280 I would guess.

JDMYO you can make it on a dead lifter!!! lol If your thinking to replace the motor anyway whats the dif? :-X

Drop me a line PM, let me know the situation in detail and I'll help you out. We have the technology!

Pockets are beyond deep.

300+ HP.

Here is another rare part. Look near the oil dipstick. Its the cool air duct on the aux injector fan. The duct fits over the aux fan intake and ells down to draw cool air from under the car. Without this duct the fan draws hot air from beside the engine block, defeating its intended purpose! Very rare. At some point going down the road you hear a noise like, clunk pa lunk clunk clunk, and you wonder if you ran over something, left a socket under the hood, or if maybe... something fell off? Its moments like that that keep the Z experience alive.

My dads L28ET has that too!! I always wondered what it did. Everyone mistakes it for the turbo, it's hilarious.

Ha Ha! Yeah a young guy was selling a 280zx 'turbo' so I went to go see. Not bad, pop the hood... I looked around, touched the fan, looked at the oil on the dipstick, and checked his body language. I told him it wasnt a turbo, but still a neat car. He said, Not a turbo? Pointing to the aux cooling fan, Whats That? I replied, Thats an aux fan to cool the injectors. He said, OK, then what is this? I said, Thats an EGR valve. (Maybe he thought it was a BOV?) ... He asked, Then why do I hear it spooling up at 45 or 50 mph? Thats your fan clutch, its locked up, see? Pressing the plastic blade it didnt budge. It was hard to keep my cool, I was kinda irritated but it was funny and I was trying to keep a straight face. I just had to head back to my car.

The duct is usually missing in action. If the coolant is 205 degrees or higher (Sensor on thermostat housing with single green wire) at ignition shut off, the sensor grounds and activates a timer unit. After a 3 minute delay it turns that aux fan on to cool the injectors and runs for 17 minutes. The timer unit is near the fuse block, tucked into a hole in the body. If you hear it kick on after normal driving, check your coolant level, fan clutch. If your cooling system is working good you shouldnt notice it come on at all unless you are in a really hot environment. Early EFI had discovered 'heat soak' to be a new unforseen problem. Long heat trapping hoods were now vented to release heat, and fans like this were added and popped out like paramedics under hot conditions.

• Like 1

All I would have said was why would a turbo be plastic simple as that, I've been in the same situation with a local guy here. Guy said his 1980 280zx was a stock turbo model I told him there never was a 80 turbo model until 81-83 lol. I showed him mine and he saw the difference he didn't say a word.

There is a lot of 280zx owners that aren't car guys and know nothing about cars but because they were told it was one thing they go by that. Sadly after spotting plenty of ZX's on CL I can see why there so overpriced.

I was finally going to go buy a clean 240sx for my daily today, but the dude sold it out from under my at 12:30AM last night. I was pretty bummed because I've been looking for so long, but this mountain run made everything better :thumbup:

myz-2.jpg

Nice stance.

You shouldnt be so attached to image. Even Panasports are knock offs of Minilite. Maybe you should educate them on that. One replica is the same as another. Thats the problem with these spring cutter types, they know even less than you imagine, and are all about image. You should break away from the herd and study functionality and performance. Leave them to stagnate while you grow. Im not trying to offend you. Just offering up a new path. There is still time to change the road you're on.

Agreed. Unless you're racing, the Sportmax are just fine. They have the right look and offer numerous specifications. They're just a tad heavy for the track for me.

Jesus christ is that like 50mm of double stacked spacer, in the front no less? I love your ambition but seriously thats ridiculous, buy proper wheels or give up the flares.

Man I i used to love jay and both his cars....he used to be so humble ....now asshole ....why?

Honestly fuck who ever would talk shit to me for calling out 50mm of double bolt on spacer. That shit is so clown shoes its ridiculous. This is the only site that Id catch shit for saying something about it.

All he had to say was oh it was just for fitment, it was 2 years ago, I would never run that unsafe noobtastic honda bullshit on my z and I would have said oh ok cool. He lied though and argued for like a page and then finally admitted it was indeed what I said it was showing he was flat out lying about it. For understandable reasons too since its fucking embarrassing.

If it makes me an asshole to call out nonsense then so be it but know that I got multiple PMS from people agreeing with me and in disbelief of that nonsense. The prob is they care about rocking the boat and I dont so I take the brunt of looking like a dick.

Man I used to love Ratsun and all the cars...people used to be so humble....now assholes.....why? :poop: :rofl:

• Like 1