Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

My '86 Z31. Factory NA car with a 60K mile JDM VG30ET, intercooled, and the Jim Wolf 450 kit.

0810121753.jpg

0810121754b.jpg

0810121754.jpg

0810121753b.jpg

Mr.510 TC kit

0730121233.jpg

PRW-2 PTU

0713121944a.jpg

Future plans:

Fix broken ECU

Fix broken clutch, just need to put the new one in

Kouki front end, have most of the parts already

Wheels

ST springs

Bilstein shocks

Wheels and tires

VG33 with Nistune

Q45 LSD with hybrid axles

30A tranny

Tubular equal length headers from a Porsche 911

More turbo

etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some older pics of my ZX:

P1120869.jpg

P1120871.jpg

P1120859.jpg

P1120863.jpg

Might get around to taking some new ones tomorrow...

I want your wire wheels.... :)

I have a set on my Z, but they are pitting etc. Over 30 years of use will do that over time....

Are they Appliance wheels?...

Thanks!

I want your wire wheels.... :)

I have a set on my Z, but they are pitting etc. Over 30 years of use will do that over time....

Are they Appliance wheels?...

Thanks!

Actually, they're TrueSpoke ($1500 when bought new) Came with her. Now I have some XXR's on her, and the wires are sitting at my folk's house in Port Orchard. I think my dad put them outside, though, so I'm not sure of the condition. I do know they have a little bit of curb rash on at least two of them from when I bought her. I'll see if I can get some pics of them here sooner or later. Might be in better condition than yours.

My '86 Z31. Factory NA car with a 60K mile JDM VG30ET, intercooled, and the Jim Wolf 450 kit.

0810121753.jpg

0810121754b.jpg

0810121754.jpg

0810121753b.jpg

Mr.510 TC kit

0730121233.jpg

PRW-2 PTU

0713121944a.jpg

Future plans:

Fix broken ECU

Wheels

ST springs

Bilstein shocks

Wheels and tires

VG33 with Nistune

30A tranny

More turbo

etc etc.

are you friends with kyle ? I think you and him where trying to catch up to me when i was fallowing some girls through down town Vancouver a couple month's a go . i was in my gtx

2011-12-19131505.jpg

0810121753.jpg

0810121754.jpg

Mr.510 TC kit

PRW-2 PTU

Future plans:

Fix broken ECU

Wheels

ST springs

Bilstein shocks

Wheels and tires

VG33 with Nistune

30A tranny

More turbo

etc etc.

Nice! Especially the intercooler plumbing, looks clean. I'm in the process of turbo swapping as well.

Why go Kouki? The 86 Zenki is the best of both worlds, IMO. Fender flares and sweet sweet 80's style. I wish my 87 was an 86!

Nice! Especially the intercooler plumbing, looks clean. I'm in the process of turbo swapping as well.

Why go Kouki? The 86 Zenki is the best of both worlds, IMO. Fender flares and sweet sweet 80's style. I wish my 87 was an 86!

Got any picsof yours? I'm only halfway through the 54 pages...

I actually really don't like the Zenki front ends unless it's done just right. I love the old rears with the new fronts. Sexy! The car came with a hood and headlight buckets. I just need to source a nice bumper then do it and paint it.

Is it obvious? Leaving a s30 looking like shit and slamming it is the flavor of the month. Easy, lazy kiddy stuff imho I always think there is a need for that to be voiced lol.

NOT referring to THAT z because I have no idea the plans or w/e. Regardless anyway to each their own.

For convos sake the 1st thing I see looking at that z isnt the great stance it has though its the fucked up body. Which is a shame because it an awesomely aggressive set up going.

I seriously cream my pants every time I see that car ^

Haha thanks?

Like it, but it would be tits if you got flares or fixed the panels.

Yeah I completely agree.

^ state the obvious. Hah

He knows his fenders and quarters don't look

perfect , but the way arck001 pulls it off, you see the

pics and say "that looks pretty bad ass" haha

Not like a resto z bad ass, just looks rough and low.

:-D

Haha thanks.

Is it obvious? Leaving a s30 looking like shit and slamming it is the flavor of the month. Easy, lazy kiddy stuff imho I always think there is a need for that to be voiced lol.

NOT referring to THAT z because I have no idea the plans or w/e. Regardless anyway to each their own.

For convos sake the 1st thing I see looking at that z isnt the great stance it has though its the fucked up body. Which is a shame because it an awesomely aggressive set up going.

Yeah you have a point but that's definitely not what I'm going for. I bought this crashed, rusted out, body filled hunk of junk shell to build and to learn everything about these cars. The fenders were already "pulled" by the p/o. Half the passenger firewall is body filled/fiberglassed as well as the passanger floor. There seems to be about a 1/4" thick layer of filler all around the body. The body wiring was a disaster waiting to happen. I don't know what the p/o was thinking. Everything else I've done to the car is proper. I just didn't want to fix a body I was going to eventually throw out.

I'm currently looking for a clean shell I can swap everything i have and start fresh. It'll definitely look a million times better.

• Like 1

Awesome to read man, not the problems but that you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. I know its not easy I'm on my 2nd s30 lol. Look forward to seeing more.