The L.e.n.o effect

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I know its 80 280zx AE but still Leno is strong on this one.

1980 Datsun 280ZX Anniversary Edition - $22000 (Red Bluff, Ca)
3E13Md3N75N55K45H8d4l9c4e1fd2bdef1cb1.jp
Original owner is selling a 10th Anniversary Datsun 280ZX with only 108,000 original miles. This collector's car is number 2140 of only 3000 Manufactured.

This car has been garaged since I was 41 years old and I am now 73 years old. I do not want to see this car sit in my garage any longer: it deserves to be driven.

It comes equipped with all the bells and whistles, from electric Windows, AC, Power Mirrors, t-tops, bucket seats (no tears), cruise control, 6-Cylinder engine, 5-speed manual transmission and just too much to list.

Full disclosure: it has minor dings on the hood, and one door. The paint surrounding the windows is oxidized. The valve clearances need to be checked and fluids renewed.

I am asking under the current market which is nearly $30,000 for a quick sale. Price is firm.

He updated  :rofl:

1980 Datsun 280ZX Anniversary Edition - $10000 (Red Bluff, Ca)
3E13Md3N75N55K45H8d4l9c4e1fd2bdef1cb1.jp
Original owner is selling a 10th Anniversary Datsun 280ZX with only 108,000 original miles. This collector's car is number 2140 of only 3000 Manufactured.

This car has been garaged since I was 41 years old and I am now 73 years old. I do not want to see this car sit in my garage any longer: it deserves to be driven.

It comes equipped with all the bells and whistles, from electric Windows, AC, Power Mirrors, t-tops, bucket seats (no tears), cruise control, 6-Cylinder engine, 5-speed manual transmission and just too much to list.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get back on track what do you guys think of this dime.

1971 Datsun 510 2dr frame up restoraton - $18000 (burlingame)
3K73M93F85N25G95Ebd4p79c0484711401364.jp3E53M13Ne5Ne5E95Kcd4p03318ed918411bfc.jp3M13Lb3Je5Ie5K75H3d4p6054b1ed12771fb6.jp3M63L73F15E25He5J6d4p62fc205a4564152a.jp3K43M93H95K45F65M2d4pd68a1a9bae3d1f9f.jp3M13Id3L45Gc5Fa5Jfd4p6ff936d5611015c9.jp3I43J23H45Kf5H75J3d4p01b86bb44c7918ec.jp
3M63L73F15E25He5J6d4p62fc205a4564152a.jp
Hey im selling my 1971 datsun 510 2dr car that has been fully restored from the ground up built by Troy at the 510 parts outlet . Ive owned this car for awhile now and its always been garaged and never really driven. Ive only put 400 miles on it since i restored it. I built this car for car shows and magazines and unfortunately didn't get around to showing it off as much as i wanted to. This is one of the few clean datsun 510s around and i cant go anywhere without someone asking me questions about it or complimenting its cool looks. Im asking for 18,000obo this car has to much time and money invested in it . Will also trade for a newer wakeboard boat. Remember this is a show quality car so no low ballers. please feel free to call me/ text if you have any questions or would like to check it out. below is a list of whats on my car and pictures.

cell phone-650-242-6762

Build List
1971 Datsun 510 2dr

BODY
fiesta vw single stage orange
shaved side blinkers
shaved radio antenna 
rolled fenders
painted engine compartment 
new weatherstripping kit 
few cracks in the gaskets around windows from sitting in garage
all chrome re chromed
bumpers holes deleted and chromed

suspension
510 outlet coil over kit
camber plates
koni shocks
chopped struts
notched rear a arms
heavy duty sway bar
subaru lsd 4:11 rear diff

WHEELS/TIRES
195x50 r 15
rotas with a gun metal/ chrome finish
toyo proxes 98% left

BRAKES

datsun 510 outlet wilwood full disc brake kit 
new bake resi
steel bradded brake lines
MOTOR

200 hp
2.2 liter datsun pick up motor 
ported/ polished
race cam
header
dual makuni side draft carbs
new ignition 
aluminum flywheel
3 inch exhaust with magnaflow muffler sounds awesome 
electric fan/ manual fan
subaru alt
subaru starter 
steel bradded fuel lines
chrome valve cover

Tranny

240z 5 speed tray
short shift kit
shortened shifted

interior

corbeau black bucket seats
matching rear seat with corbeau material used
custom black door panels that flow with the seats
white custom head liner
black custom carpet 
grey sun visors
gt steering wheel
lots of new dash parts like dash pad
custom datsun shift boot
30% tint on all windows including windshield
working heater
orange speedo lights
needs new speedo cable 
fully boxed in trunk carpeted one of a kind 

STEREO

sony deck ipod hook up
hidden antenna 
focal speakers in doors and behind rear seat
1000 watt 5 channel amp
10 inch kicker sub in box

(Im sure im forgetting things)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/3767199798.html

That's a chunk of change he wants. If it's been professionally restored then there should be documentation and photos to prove it. I don't read anything that would point to that. Nice colour for the car. The engine looks clean but not anything exceptional. I didn't see any pictures of the interior he speaks of. Honestly, I don't get this. Why would you dump thousands of dollars into a car you weren't going to drive. Yes, he says it was a show car but honestly there are other cars that would make good show cars and retain their value. I would go with q-tip's assessment.... 12k maybe 15k if there are detailed records of the restore. Also, if he's selling it as a show car get it up on a hoist and take some pictures of the chassis and suspension. Just my 2 cents worth.

jesus a fully restored 510........wonder what the owners of these cars would think if they knew there was a whole thread dedicated to picking part there builds and offering our opinions of what there car is worth and the value of the work they put in to it,,,,,seems kinda realmy

shouldn't we be happy the value is up seeings if we ever wanted to sell our car then we would get ore moniez for it...not that we would sell it,  but should we decide to .....its like we are argueing the pros and cons of the sun coming up

mind u im pretty sure the desired demographic for the orange car is not the datsun purist ......more so the impluse buyer..... then the rusty datsun patina collector....

• Like 1

jesus a fully restored 510........wonder what the owners of these cars would think if they knew there was a whole thread dedicated to picking part there builds and offering our opinions of what there car is worth and the value of the work they put in to it,,,,,seems kinda realmy

shouldn't we be happy the value is up seeings if we ever wanted to sell our car then we would get ore moniez for it...not that we would sell it,  but should we decide to .....its like we are argueing the pros and cons of the sun coming up

mind u im pretty sure the desired demographic for the orange car is not the datsun purist ......more so the impluse buyer..... then the rusty datsun patina collector....

But wouldnt you rather take your your 18g and buy a 510 coupe? I would.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/3752112621.html

This is the guy who posted up asking about a price quite a while back.  Then he posted it on cl for 10,000.  Now he has it on consignment for $7999 at truckland in the valley.  I just sent them an email reminding them it's not a 3 cylinder and suggesting they must have gotten some good crack to post that high a price for a $3500 truck. :)  Lolz.

I think a lot of time, dedication, hard work and money went into the orange 510. I wouldn't ever tear apart some ones build however he slapped a sales sign on it and attached a value to his work of passion. That opens it up to negotiation and criticism by the very nature of becoming a product. Criticisms come in many forms. I, for one , try to keep them positive. His car may well be worth his asking price if only some pictures of the interior and under carriage were given. Plus I believe if you're throwing around the term " restoration" ,documentation is in order. The buyer has the right to know what was fixed and how when putting out 18 grand on a car that typically sells for 10-12 thousand relatively. It is a beautiful car and if you have the dosh then  by all means but for god sakes drive the car. Letting it sit is the worse thing to do to a vehicle and with that much tied up in a car it defies reason. Again, my 2 cents worth.....if that.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/3752112621.html

This is the guy who posted up asking about a price quite a while back.  Then he posted it on cl for 10,000.  Now he has it on consignment for $7999 at truckland in the valley.  I just sent them an email reminding them it's not a 3 cylinder and suggesting they must have gotten some good crack to post that high a price for a $3500 truck. :)  Lolz.

There is a dealership that had a 320 for 10k  The dash was missing and wires were everywhere.  I lulled hard at them.  I know the owner and told him its a bit far fetched, I saw the price go down the next few weeks lower and lower, then it disappeared. 

A car is worth as much as someone will pay(you guys are cheap datsun guys for the most part LOL) If I was going to sell my car when its done id say 25-30k if you payed a body shop to do a full rotisserie on the shell like mine and use the paint i have it would prob cost 13-18000, the guy with the blue coupe spent 18000 on just his body work he is asking 39,000 for it. will he get that much probably will.