The L.e.n.o effect

Guest 510kamikazifreak

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the LENO effect, there now exists an abundance of people willing to pay (what pre-leno effect datsun owners consider) rediculous prices....

I understand being irratated with inflated values when you're trying to buy something; you could have just said "I don't like that price"...

For example there's another post with diesel engines for 2700, 3700 (seems excessive), but you can't knock someone for trying to get the most for their stuff. I'm kicking myself for passing on a $1600 LD20T about 2 years ago... At that time I was thinking more like $600 for it.

Treat it like the stock market, buy low sell high.... start selling datsun parts before the LENO wears off...

First, I want to know how much is your cut on that $1800?

You sure seem quick to defend his price gouging, and you did mention YOU were the person he got it from!

As for my 720 vs your precious 510s... I don't see the damn difference. Well, actually I do. I KNOW my truck is a piece of shit econobox pickup, while you people think the econobox 510 cars are a freaking 70 Chevelle or 69 Mustang Boss 302! But it isn't. BUT, I only paid $750 for my truck, the whole truck, not just a damn part! And I drove it home. While I love the little 510 cars I might pay $1800 for the ENTIRE car, not just a grille, because I have common sense. Even if I were rich. Personally the only Datsun that is worth a heavier pricetag to me is the Z.

And since you dumdums have no sense of humor... the whole "LENO thing" is called a JOKE.

And all of you are missing the point of my and others on my side of the argument. If some damn rich fools didn't blow an asston of money for it IN THE FIRST PLACE, it would STILL BE AFFORDABLE! That doesn't just go for the 510 and it's parts, that means anything from an old car to antique furniture. But I guess you can justify paying $10,000 for some old rotting chair from the 1600's too THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN SIT ON.

well now the leno thread turned to shit in a hurry....(to be hones it ws shit to begin with..)

i think tristins opinion and info are both legit when it comes to the grill situation as he has owned a few ... and bought and sold and even imported a few in his time....so i guess he has the knowledge to speak on items of this sort...i know he has answered most of my jdm questions quickly and factually and even provided links to some things i was looking for ....im not just sucking his dick for the sake of this thread ... but he seems to have a solid information base for this type of shit.....now joe cool i will agree with u on one thing .. there's no fucking way i am buying a 1800 grill...but knowing what they are and there cost to even get in the country it seems pretty legit his pricing... granted i think he is striking while the iron is hot and maybe inflated the price a little .. but the grill looks brand new after the refurb....its legit!!!! someone will pay him 1800...just not jrock..... and i believe in unicorns

now as far as your total dumbass statement to the sentra versus muscle beach cars ..... hahahahaha your  a tool ... a 510 would walk all over those cars ......they are every bit as desireable to the right market.......i like both ... but i prefer some nice j tin to the run of the mill chevelle or mustang... that's just my opinion .. which in the scheme of things matters 0!!!!!  much like your opinion of the grill being over priced.....u choose to post your dislike for the pricing and flamed and/or ranted on about it then got all but hurt when the facts were presented and it was actually mentioned it was a members on here he was trying to sell..every post since then u have cemented the original feelings by your never ending defense of being in the wrong...to be honest all yo really ahve proven is that u speak in semantics and use rhetoric to intimidate as a form of debate ... to which neither qualify s....

as mentioned before ... go turns some wrenches and mellow out... your freaking out and acting like a ass hat about the price of a part for a car u dont even own....thats like me freaking out over the taste of Cambodian breast milk ... when none such a a item has ever graced my lips......nor do i have a need for it...

we are all here for datsun whether its the shadow or a nicely restored but maybe over priced gl grill...so shhhhhhhh and lets datsun .... lock this thread its ridiculous...if jay leno did a piece on butt plugs would everyone run out and get one ....or would there just be a influx in high priced rocket shaped coffee cans...fuck i dont know .....

as mentioned before ... go turns some wrenches and mellow out... your freaking out and acting like a ass hat about the price of a part for a car u dont even own....thats like me freaking out over the taste of Cambodian breast milk ... when none such a a item has ever graced my lips......nor do i have a need for it...

tumblr_m13oi4SOIN1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

if jay leno did a piece on butt plugs would everyone run out and get one ....or would there just be a influx in high priced rocket shaped coffee cans...fuck i dont know .....

Good thing Im already stocked up... 

First, I want to know how much is your cut on that $1800?

You sure seem quick to defend his price gouging, and you did mention YOU were the person he got it from!

As for my 720 vs your precious 510s... I don't see the damn difference. Well, actually I do. I KNOW my truck is a piece of shit econobox pickup, while you people think the econobox 510 cars are a freaking 70 Chevelle or 69 Mustang Boss 302! But it isn't. BUT, I only paid $750 for my truck, the whole truck, not just a damn part! And I drove it home. While I love the little 510 cars I might pay $1800 for the ENTIRE car, not just a grille, because I have common sense. Even if I were rich. Personally the only Datsun that is worth a heavier pricetag to me is the Z.

And since you dumdums have no sense of humor... the whole "LENO thing" is called a JOKE.

And all of you are missing the point of my and others on my side of the argument. If some damn rich fools didn't blow an asston of money for it IN THE FIRST PLACE, it would STILL BE AFFORDABLE! That doesn't just go for the 510 and it's parts, that means anything from an old car to antique furniture. But I guess you can justify paying $10,000 for some old rotting chair from the 1600's too THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN SIT ON.

I give up, no sense arguing with know it alls.

Go buy ALL the $1800 grilles you want. It's your money. But I still say a fool and his money are soon parted.

So now you a-holes (including likes) say my truck isn't a DATSUN? I beg to differ... I guess you read this as Toyota. Oh wait, you actually can justify the price gouging and are willing to spend your money foolishly... I REST MY CASE.

16019488_large.jpg

BULLSHIT! What the fuck do you call how you reworded my original post.

And you still didn't answer my question... WHAT IS YOUR CUT? :poke:

See, there YOU go. I never called YOU an a-hole. READ the post more carefully. You were not the quoted, nor did you "like" his post.

And I never said I didn't like the 510. And as for the "sand" comment, this is turning into the typical forum DEBATE. Or at least I call it a debate. Some people can't do it and think you are mad at them and get their panties wadded up call it "flaming", when they are the only one who is FLAMING... (insert rainbow here)  Maybe you are the one with sand down there...

Well, I guess we will all agree to disagree then. WHATEVER! :thumbup:

(edit) How is it "talking shit: only when YOU don't agree with a person? Anyone else ever wonder that? Like if I say the oil companies are price gouging on fuel prices, unless they work for the oil company, they usually agree... but say something about a damn overpriced grille and suddenly I am a shit talker and an asshole! OH BOY! :devil:

On second thought I am not done arguing... FUCK YOU GUYS... I am bringing out the nuclear weapons!

TITS! I WIN!!! Your argument is invalid. :rofl:

02.jpg

yeah, like no butt hurt ensued^^^^^^^^ then u post a ugly chick with not hawt boobs to get this shit locked......epic interwebz forum policy fail...

after reading these posts i mnot sure anyone could assume your not butthurt flaming or ranting ...just saying