1960 PLG-222

Trouble

Just wanted to share the newest addition to my Datsun family.  It is a 1960 PLG-222 original VIN matching motor with 70,000 original miles.  Still can't believe I came across such a rare gem in such good condition.  Does anyone know if they are having the Southwest Pick up truck show in Fontana this year?  Anyone with extra parts let me know...I don't need them just want them as spares, parts will just get harder to find as time goes by.  Thanks

I am posting a couple of pics here but

Here is the link for the whole album:http://s1141.beta.photobucket.com/user/pedromedina1/library/#/user/pedromedina1/library/Mr%20Grim%201960%20PLG-222?&_suid=136315661782109202856353903142

DSCN6077.jpgDSCN6073.jpgDSCN6079.jpgDSCN6018.jpgDSCN6099.jpgDSCN6083.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I couldn't believe my eyes when I went to go look at it and the guy took the cover off :w00t:  :w00t: .  I am very happy I found the truck and look forward to getting him out to the shows.

• Like 1

Thanks I found the BBQ in the events and am following it now.  I am really going to try to make it.  It would be the first show I would take the truck to.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Absolutely sweet!  I have one that 99% complete.  The body is very clean w/ a couple minor dings.  I'm building a garage so I can get it inside before I start stripping it to the frame.  Yours is in incredible shape.  Did you get a line on any parts?  I need a couple items like wiper arms.

• Like 1

Absolutely sweet!  I have one that 99% complete.  The body is very clean w/ a couple minor dings.  I'm building a garage so I can get it inside before I start stripping it to the frame.  Yours is in incredible shape.  Did you get a line on any parts?  I need a couple items like wiper arms.

Oops....here's a pic of mine next to one of my 521's.

P1000455-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys!

New to forum.

So I found a Unicorn! 

An all original 1 of 253 ever made DATSUN PLG 222.

No Rot!! 

One of 40-+ shipped to the west coast for test market.

Number matching and runs like a champ.

Now have it on the East Coast of the United States.  Any help with parts and info would be greatly appreciated.  Currently looking for brake and clutch master cylinders.  Tokico's are the original.  Anything compatible would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 8/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, iamkurrupt said:

Hey guys!

New to forum.

So I found a Unicorn! 

An all original 1 of 253 ever made DATSUN PLG 222.

No Rot!! 

One of 40-+ shipped to the west coast for test market.

Number matching and runs like a champ.

Now have it on the East Coast of the United States.  Any help with parts and info would be greatly appreciated.  Currently looking for brake and clutch master cylinders.  Tokico's are the original.  Anything compatible would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Do you still your vehicle and if so, are you still working on it?

• 11 months later...

Hi!  I also have a PLG 222 that I've had since 1965.  I recently tried to take the rear hubs off, but they won't move.   The passenger side will spin freely, but even with a large puller, it won't budge.  The lug studs ARE pressed into the drum, are they not?  The driver side will not turn in either direction.  Parking brake cable is loose. Any suggestions would help a lot,  thanks