GOONS check in

gokiburix

gah so the 17x7 +22 don't fit on the goon front, tires are rubbing and turning sucks so guess i'm going to have to space it out :(

but i'm running 215 50 17 on the front.. maybe sticking some little 205 40 17 on the front i can clear? anyone have experience around that offset with 280zx struts (custom small diameter springs, so no big spring perches)

otherwise back to the 15x6.5 +13 fronts

I tried to run my 16x7 panasports with +22 offset on my buddys car with zx struts and had the same problem we figured a little over a 1/4" spacer would work,thats about 6.5mm off of the 22 on the wheels so figure you need about a +15 mm offset to work with zx struts to work with no spacers... I think :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Checking my new wheel fitment today, Looks like the fronts hit the strut, so I will need some spacers, but probably need 6x15's. The rears look OK, but might be able to get 8x15's in there. They have 15mm offset. I'm getting a tire mounted on one to check fitment.

The wheels are Sportmax XXR 513, 7x15 with 15mm offset. They fit over the Wilwood brakes, so that is OK.

Seems that I need about a 1/2" spacer, but that will put them sticking way out beyond the fenders. I'd like to get the front and rear tracking the same.

Photos soon.

Take measurments. 1/2" might do it. What struts are you running? stock 510 or 280z? I'm running 280z struts with 15x7 zero offset panasports. Gonna experiment with 15x7.5 +17mm in the back. I can prolly run some 15x9s in the back with right offset.

you shouldn't have any problem in the back... I fit 17x8 +22 with 235 45 17 in the back of the wagon no problem :)

i'd say 15x9 with right offset and a fender roll would fit absolutely no problem

Edited by LeX
Checking my new wheel fitment today, Looks like the fronts hit the strut, so I will need some spacers, but probably need 6x15's. The rears look OK, but might be able to get 8x15's in there. They have 15mm offset. I'm getting a tire mounted on one to check fitment.

The wheels are Sportmax XXR 513, 7x15 with 15mm offset. They fit over the Wilwood brakes, so that is OK.

Seems that I need about a 1/2" spacer, but that will put them sticking way out beyond the fenders. I'd like to get the front and rear tracking the same.

Photos soon.

to help you out i run 15x6.5 +13 in the front with 195 50 15 tires no problem on 280zx struts. I had problems with 17x7 +22 lol

car is way far from done, but this is what i'm running on the front and the 15x6.5 clear just fine.. would have kept 17x7 it just wasnt going to work without a decent spacer then they'd be pushed out a good bit :(

they clear the 280zx brake setup and also there is no motor in that's why it's sitting so high but there also seems to be ample clearance between the strut and wheel with the +13 offset on the 15x6.5 and 195 50 15 tire

i know only 2 lug nuts car isn't on the road haha far from it

l_0b175e9dc71e4d1797d6ed7d63f66e90.jpg

l_07a4e4cdf9f6434a87592a2f8b850ea4.jpg

Well I just finished the coilover set up on the goon friday. Drove it today wow what a great improvment over stock cut springs. Also 280ZX strut housings cut down 1 1/2 " With tociko struts. I do have a little rubbing but not to bad, I think a fender roll will do it. I'm running 17X7 + 25 offset with 205-40-17 with spacers, Also put some honda prelude seats in and my new sparco steering wheel. SWEEEET!!!!!!!!! Pic's in the mourning. Went to take some pic's but F/N battery was dead :mad:

• 2 weeks later...