GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obsessing about tire clearance at my chosen ride height, I did some research on available tire sizes. On an air cooled VW forum I found that 175/55/15 tires (OEM on the back of a Smart Car) have the same sidewall height as 195/50/15s but are 20mm narrower. I found a great deal on a near new pair on ebay and thought it was worth a shot.

After mounting them up to my Infinity wheels (6.5x15 25mm offset) I gained a good 5/8" more drop and MORE fender clearance and a little more clearance next to the strut.

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

i love this wagon!!

Can you cut down the bump stops or will your wheels or axle hit something else?

I have little aftermarket bump stops now on a part of the frame that hangs down. Factory stops are long gone including the one over the pumpkin. If I can get that part of the frame (spot welded?) off I can gain another inch or so of travel and other than the exhaust , its pretty clear under there. Tires fit well.

Hey, new member here. This is my wagon as I got it. I have since installed a new L20B, Dogleg 5 speed, 280ZX struts, KYB shocks, eurethane bushings, B210 power brake booster, 1" front sway bar, and soon to arrive, Rota RB's.

Thanks for a great site.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

ya haha i have been searching to c if there are any more datsuns in my area. i know about another 6 or 7 and we are thinking of starting lil club here. mayb ill c tlap's datsun around town soon. it looks awesome by the way. hang_510 were in cali are you at?

As you fellow goons know, my last "modification" was adding SOLEX LOCKS on my goon. I thought I'd give you guys the heads up that I have some for sale...here's a copy of my ad that I put today in the classified section:

Hey fellow Ratsun!

I got a hold of a small stock of SOLEX LOCKS. They're pretty hard to find. I have installed the barrel style on my dime, so I know these will fit our dimes and other datsuns.

Here is fellow ratsun member KIZNOOK's tutorial/walk-thru (very easy to follow)

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=917&highlight=solex+lock

So anyways, I don't have the barrel style ones, but I do have the "TWIN CAM SERIES". (see pics)

Great way to replace your busted lock and/or add a little extra security. I was told that the keys can't be copied...you'd have to take it specially to a locksmith with the proper tools.

$65 per set (that includes shipping)

Set includes 2 (left and right) locks, different links (for different cars), 3 keys and a keyholder.

SSPX0385.jpg

SSPX0387.jpg

Barrel style on my dime...

img1235249979747.jpg

let me know

-goki

Guest jaimesix
Don't have 510... but I got a BIG-Dime Goon!

datsun024.jpg

Hope no-one minds...

:fu:

Nice "Goon" One of my all time Datsun favorites!

Here a few other favorite Datsun goons!

Nice Wagon.

23284290048_large.jpg

Nice wagon at last year's JCCS. Anyone knows where the owner lives???

23284290340_large.jpg

23284290341_large.jpg

23284290342_large.jpg

Nice 610 from Japan:

23284290343_large.jpg

Nice 710 "Goon"

25327620275_large.jpg

25327620175_large.jpg

Very cool B210 "Goons"

25468250160_large.jpg

25468250073_large.jpg

25468250075_large.jpg

Nice stuff.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Don't have 510... but I got a BIG-Dime Goon!

datsun024.jpg

Hope no-one minds...

:fu:

Why would we mind, it's a badass goon. Don't say it has to be a 510:D

Well I finally got the new wheels installed. They are Rota 15X7, +25's. The front required a 1/4" spacer, and unfortunatly the caps will not fit over the wheel bearing cap. Rota said that is the only cap available for this wheel:(

I went ahead and put the "Datsun" stripe on also. I love the look.

DSC_0126.jpg

Well I finally got the new wheels installed. They are Rota 15X7, +25's. The front required a 1/4" spacer, and unfortunatly the caps will not fit over the wheel bearing cap. Rota said that is the only cap available for this wheel:(

I went ahead and put the "Datsun" stripe on also. I love the look.

DSC_0126.jpg

what strut set up are you running??? Lisa's caps fot on her car (ZX Strut) and my wagon (510 strut) and the caps fit no problem as well as the other cars at Troys that we have run the same wheels on

Clayton