GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BOSO GOON is on it's way! I have shaft collars shipping to me this week (as well as some other goodies!), and I'm going to buy some 2" blocks so I can dump the car hopefully this weekend, if all goes well!

a008.jpg

That is rockin :cool:

Got a good shot from the meet I hosted on Sunday, it really shows the colors under the hood (err... I went with no hood for the meet!)

IMG_6365.jpg

Also, I lowered the car about 1.5" in front and another 2.5" in back. I think I want about .5" more to go down in the front to make it sit evil. What do you guys think? Car sits about 1" higher in the front now.

IMG00011-20090421-1801.jpg

I'll try to grab a few better pictures when it's light out tomorrow.

I enjoyed all these pics, so I thought I should contribute. Heres a couple shots of my wagon. New to this site, but not new to datsun 510's. I've had this one for about 4 years now. It has some front end damage that I have yet to fix. Still got some exciting plans for this wagon, but now its currently my daily driver so I can't do too much to it yet. I just got to hurry up and put my bmw 2002 together and then this one will go back in the garage. Yay.

DSCF4328.jpg

DSCF4329.jpg

Goon owners! I've got a question for you guys. When you're slammed, how do you route your exhausts? I want to have as much ground clearance as I can (save for putting a tunnel in the floor), but also not have my axle resting against the exhaust. I haven't been FULLY under my car in a while, so I havent seen how much room I have to move it up.

Pictures would be phenominal, or a link to a thread....

Goon owners! I've got a question for you guys. When you're slammed, how do you route your exhausts? I want to have as much ground clearance as I can (save for putting a tunnel in the floor), but also not have my axle resting against the exhaust. I haven't been FULLY under my car in a while, so I havent seen how much room I have to move it up.

Pictures would be phenominal, or a link to a thread....

Mine are on 3" blocks. I lifted the trans tunnel a bit so the driveshaft won't smack. I had no problem with just routing the pipes around the axle and had plenty of room to spare. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Good to hear. I think I've got at least 4-4.5" of lowering. De-arched springs with 2.5" blocks. I'd planned on raising the rear side of the tunnel a bit (starting probably about where the rear seat starts), and most likely modifying the seat to fit back in.

I'll probably completely re-do my exhaust from the headers back. I'd like to use a flex pipe, and a resonator BEFORE the axle, though I'm not sure how that would sound. I plan on doing a little bit of a crazy (albeit removable) exhaust with some straight pipes coming up the side of my car, and the resonator would definitely quiet things down for that...

I'll fiddle and post pics up when I'm working on it!

I can't believe I only found this forum today. Some awesome wagons in here, I can't wait till I finish mine.

here are some pics, shes in bad need of body and paint.

when I got my baby, the "Short yellow bus" she had an L18 with dual SUs. I upgraded to 40mm Mukunis. Still had issues with the motor so I upgraded to a VG30. Still working out the bugs, I think the trans is hitting the tunnel.

2370185446_068fda23af_b.jpg

Wish I had time to paint the bay. :closedeyes:

IMG_0227.jpg

myVG30.jpg

With the big bros

IMAGE_000621.jpg

The Boso Goon is still coming along. To fix (ALMOST fix) all the rubbing, I took the wheels off yesterday and took the hammer back to the lips. There's a reinforced portion that I'm still rubbing on, but without a bigger hammer or a sawzall, it's staying there...

Then I turned the coils down two rotations up front for about 1/2" drop. Measuring on a level ground from floor to the BOTTOM of the rocker panel (not including the pinch welds), I'm 6" just behind the front fender and 6.5" just before the rear wheel.

Tell me what you think!

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Tuckin' Tire:

IMG_1355.jpg

And always, check the build thread for first updates!

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=9060