GOONS check in

gokiburix

John.....love the PC!!! ......the "after" pic of the rims didn't come through :(

Datrod......as long as you're taking pics....how about some close-ups of the marker lights? That's similar to what I want to do. I've got a '69, so I'll sport the stockers for a bit I think. By the way....awesome wgn!! Mine has been parked WAY too long. I just put 2 and two together and realized you're a wgn owner and a machinist!! :) Sweet! I've only followed this thread sporadically. I'd love to get mine on the road soon!

Anyway......great thread guys!! Great wagons!!! I'll get to join this thread sooner or later :)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not my first post anymore, but I'll finally make a round in the Goon thread!

My name's Sean, I'm from Sacramento, California and I've spent the past year and a half working on my '72 Wagon. Paint is only rattle can until I can afford to make it prettier. '95 KA powerplant, 280zx struts and I've got dearched/stiffened springs that are waiting on poly bushings to go in.

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

By the way, if anybody knows what kind of Hayashi's are on my car, I've got a cookie for you... I've never seen anything quite like them! 15x8 -12 front and rear, but I can't find ANYTHING that looks like these.

You guys have all been a huge inspiration for me (young crowd and old!) and I appreciate all the time/effort you guys have put in to make your discoveries more accessible to the guys like me!

`Sean

Not my first post anymore, but I'll finally make a round in the Goon thread!

My name's Sean, I'm from Sacramento, California and I've spent the past year and a half working on my '72 Wagon. Paint is only rattle can until I can afford to make it prettier. '95 KA powerplant, 280zx struts and I've got dearched/stiffened springs that are waiting on poly bushings to go in.

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

By the way, if anybody knows what kind of Hayashi's are on my car, I've got a cookie for you... I've never seen anything quite like them! 15x8 -12 front and rear, but I can't find ANYTHING that looks like these.

You guys have all been a huge inspiration for me (young crowd and old!) and I appreciate all the time/effort you guys have put in to make your discoveries more accessible to the guys like me!

`Sean

:lol::lol: hey thats me in the right hand corner of that picture and half of my girlfriends ASS :blink:

Please include the other half next time!!! :)

I got both halves, but I couldn't post them here because her boyfriends face wasn't in the shot! ("goon") I'll email them to you instead...

I kid, I kid! I'm sure I said hi to you down there at one point or another, FJ. Any shots of your wagon?

I got both halves, but I couldn't post them here because her boyfriends face wasn't in the shot! ("goon") I'll email them to you instead...

I kid, I kid! I'm sure I said hi to you down there at one point or another, FJ. Any shots of your wagon?

there are a few floating around here as well as in this thread

im sure we talked that day but I cant remember to many new faces :lol:

Clayton

I figure the Wagon thread is probably the best place to ask... I've got a KA in mine, and haven't gotten my stiffer/lower springs put in the back because I dont have the poly bushings that are on the way... For those that are running KA's, FJ's, SR's, etc, and running a lower stance, what are you doing to reduce axle wrap?

I know there's the torque bar, but is there anything else out there? And sadly, I've snapped an axle shaft in the past (probably due to axle wrap, based on how twisted the shaft was when I pulled it out), is this an issue with these swaps and an axle in the rear, or was I just unlucky?

Me too :D hell we will be at Canby again you can see both halves then...(Just got the "look" from her after reading this while typing :lol:)

Too funny! :)

......now that you've warned her, she'll be sitting up against the car the whole time! :( lol

you guys think I can fit a 15x8 -10 on my wagon's rear with a 195 50 15 with rolled fenders and no problem?

i think i prob can as i already fit a 17x8 +22 with a 235 45 17 lol without even rolling the fenders yet

Depends on how low you go... I'm running a 15x8 -12 with a 195/50 and a slight roll, but like I said in the wheels thread, I'm not as slammed as some people might be. Slap a wheel on there and see how it fits!

yeah i am trying to buy some epsilons from this guy on the west coast and he is slow going but he's been trying to sell for a good while so he will probably be willing to ship em. Right now running 15x7 +3 on the back and it looks nice just not aggressive enough

DSC03016.jpg

I like em a lot

HRmmmmm, dunno bout that. This is why I keep asking Wagdatto how he came up with the -12 on his wheels.

In this pic I have 15x7.5 +17 and you can see that they barely fit with 205/50-15 and some fender roll.

ry%3D480

We can prolly get away with 15x8 -0 with 195/50-15s but -12 has to rub w/o flares. No trying to knock Wagdatto but I really dont think those are -12. you can see in the pic of those bad ass epsilons that the -10s have a mad lip. Those barely fit Zs with flares. Just my .02. I've been obsessing over wide wheels on my goon for a while too. Bout to try some 15x8 -0 soon.

I dont take it as a knock, and next time I have the wheels off, I'll snap a shot of the back. However, all four have a distinct -12 on them (not a sticker, printed INTO the wheel).

I have 195/50's on them, so it's a mild stretch. As far as lip, I'd have thought the same thing, but looking at how far back the lugs actually mount makes me think that the wheels weren't printed wrong.

Again, I could be so completely off it's not even funny, but measuring from where the wheel meets the rotor, it has a substantial lip, it's just got a higher profile "spoke" design.

yeah my interest though is that i easily fit my 17x8 +22 on the back without fender roll and those have 235 45 17 tires on them so fat tires. They tucked in without even rolling the fenders for clearance. So with the 15s they will move out 32mm right on 1.25inches. I think that with 195 as opposed to 235 and a fender roll i should be able to get these in there. Car isn't very low but I will definitely lower it more

HRmmmmm, dunno bout that. This is why I keep asking Wagdatto how he came up with the -12 on his wheels.

In this pic I have 15x7.5 +17 and you can see that they barely fit with 205/50-15 and some fender roll.

ry%3D480

We can prolly get away with 15x8 -0 with 195/50-15s but -12 has to rub w/o flares. No trying to knock Wagdatto but I really dont think those are -12. you can see in the pic of those bad ass epsilons that the -10s have a mad lip. Those barely fit Zs with flares. Just my .02. I've been obsessing over wide wheels on my goon for a while too. Bout to try some 15x8 -0 soon.

i am looking at a wagon, what do you think would be a fair price to offer for it?

1971 510 wagon

KA24DE

5spd

header

3" CAI

scirocco radiator with elec fan

MSD inline fuel pump

280zx brake and suspension setup with coilovers

nice bucket seats

tokico shocks and strut inserts

2.5inch exhaust from header with dynomax muffler

autometer tach and speedo gauges

alright paint job. A couple dings. Some surface rust. Rear hatch has rust holes should probably be replaced.

What do you think would be a fair offer ?

a125ag.jpg