GOONS check in

gokiburix

I have '81 280ZX struts. That is interesting that you all have had no problem,

I just took the wheels off and found that the cap 1/8" too shallow to clear the dust cap.

must be a different dust cap..? with the spacers it should have given you even more room to clear :confused:

Clayton

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted this same thing on another thread before I saw this one.

Bought this last year and was wondering if I paid too much. I got it for $2300 and it looks like it was once someones custom show car. Paint is fair, body pretty decent, rear door handles shaved, tinted windows, interior is custom with z-car seats and steering wheel and in excellent shape, all seats and door panels redone, PERFECT dash and excellent carpets. It has an L16 OHC 1600cc SSS engine with the factory dual SU's and a early model 200SX 5 speed. New urethane bushing throught out, radiator rebuilt, fresh tune up, & good tires. Everything works as it should except the gas/temp gauge and the headlight switch is about worn out, the car came with a bunch of NOS/spare parts.

Won't let me post pics to here so I uploaded three to my profile album.

John

was wondering if I paid too much. I got it for $2300...

John

I'd say you did pretty well. Everything's there, just personalize to your tastes.

So... noticed the "Zion curtain" reference. Where are you? I'm collecting Utah Datsun people (especially goons). We might be able to have a small meet someday.

Datrod- Holy cow that is cool. The surfboard, the stance, the wheels- all perfect! Love the 'Radio Flyer' too! Awesome.

This pic make me want to re think 17s. Can you post what you've done to your suspension (front and back) and what size and offset your wheels are and tire size, the whole enchilada? I still like my Infinity wheels but I've been trying to figure other options that will work with my height and fenders. The lips on those wheels are great!

carpictures008.jpg

chumstone. Your goon has the same look as my Z car. So to say I love it is an understatement.

Green goon. The wheels I have no idea what brand they are. I do know they are 17X7. with a 205-40-17 tire. The offset is I'm guessing +35MM I had to make a spacer to get them to fit. And also rolled the front lip. I'm running 3" blocks in back. 280ZX srtuts up front with coilovers. Took about an 1" out of the tubes. Tokico 5 way struts from the toyota MR2. Glad you like it.

i read this whole thread....

there is some mighy fine goons rollin around getting some grocerys.

since there was a honda, and a caprice...

i present a boosted yota :fu:

1974 corona 20r hybrid 5in supercharger supra w58 5 speed swap

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

werkin as we speak to make this part pretty-er

DSCN0225.jpg

and heres the turd i polished

042806_1037a.jpg

ps: are stickers still availible?