A10's U-nite !!!!

No cool story. Wasn't being An idiot. Wasn't even drinking... Hit ice around a corner going 40-50mph.

Vehicle is impounded. $294 to get it out +$45 a day it's there. If you can get it out of impound it's yours. ENGINE IS NOT FOR SALE.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much for just for the engine?

Anyways since we waited and waited,,,,,,,,,, and waited,,,,,,,,,,, and waited for you to put up some pics. AND since they were already posted on the internets..

1897949_1016866744996934_705295861779249

10891867_1016866778330264_67206746365250

11098_1016866721663603_45148280476302518

Que the  Celine Dion music .

You flipped it and managed not to break any windows?  I'm sort of impressed.  -100 points for managing to wreck it though.

The worst part is, even if you can't pay to get it out of the tow yard and it gets auctioned, you're still on the hook for whatever balance (minus the sale price) is left- which WILL go to collections.  And I would bet it won't sell for what is owed.  AND the engine is still not with Danny; it's down at AAA Auto Wreckers or getting flattened down at Schnitzer.

Which is why when my A10 wagon was totalled, I had it out of the tow lot less than 4 hours after the accident.  Having a flatbed trailer kind of helped, though.

• Like 1

We have cash to get it out, but don't have anything to haul it with. I hate to ask, but if you're local and willing to haul it ..... That'd be awesome!

Please text me at 253-468-7243

I can pay you a little bit, as I'm practically broke because of the bill now

Also, many A10 parts for sale....

Mint taillights

Mint dash

Gauge cluster

Interior trim

Glass

Doors

Window regulators.

Seats

....rear end?

Let me know what you guys need. Willing to ship small pcs only.

Here if there is an accident you don't have to pay for towing, SGI (sask gov insurance) usually takes it to their lot for damage appraisal, after the appraisal they will tow it to your repair shop of choice, or to your house should you wish to deal with it yourself.

• Like 1

Here about 40 miles south of Mhub ,, if you get in wreck they tow it to your house,, (if you tell them too) it doesn't automatically go to impound.. A couple months ago,, UberKevin wrecked his 521 on the freeway ( spinning around at least twice ,,even bounced off retaining wall slightly damaging it)  and the State patrol officer let us drag it off ,,,,,, ourselves.  No fine, not even a threat of impoundment,,,, actually me and FAT510 had a laugh with them  ( State patrol officer)  while Kevin undid his driveline so truck could even roll.

They even used their patrol car to block lanes as we took off also,,, as truck crashed in the left hand, fast lane, and into median then back out into freeway.

• Like 1

I'm sort of impressed.  -100 points for managing to wreck it though.

Fuckin 'A' Doug. I suppose the good side is the award isn't posthumous. 

For fuck's sake when driving anything at this time of year expect bad highway conditions.  However, that said, I don't see any rain, frost or ice. In fact everything looks very dry to me... and no curve.

I think there may be more to the story we aren't hearing...    B)

...like just driving too fast.

No, that's the weird thing... The officer told me it was a free tow because insurance would need to take a look. But when I called yet said that I owed money to get it out of impound!!!

That doesn't sound like impound- impound is when you have to pay the citations first, then the tow fees,  That's just tow fees.

And insurance only pays the tow when you have towing coverage.... and in that case, collision insurance.  The officer might have been under the impression you had such.  But the insurance companies don't have to have the car at an impound lot to look at it- the one I had, the (other driver's, wasn't a 1-car wreck) insurance wanted to get the car for inspection by an adjuster- I told them they had to send the adjuster to me, since they refused to give me, in writing, guarantee the remains would be returned to me without towing fees.

Fuckin 'A' Doug. I suppose the good side is the award isn't posthumous. 

For fuck's sake when driving anything at this time of year expect bad highway conditions.  However, that said, I don't see any rain, frost or ice. In fact everything looks very dry to me... and no curve.

...like just driving too fast.

I was angry. Wrecked Datsuns piss me off. No offense