A10's U-nite !!!!

Put a 4x4 under it with wheels nailed to the wood. 

:w00t:

That's actually a good idea....

You should cut some of the brake hard lines off and keep the flare nuts in a zip lock,, makes whipping up homemade lines on a Sunday ,, so much easier, when you only have to find the right size tubing,, not the whole sha-bang

Great idea. Anything else i should swipe off it before scrappers take it?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled the valve cover off to adjust the valves and painted it a silly color. I fixed up a vacuum leak and then took her out for a drive. Stupid Weber adapter....I have gotten the 0-60 time down to 9.77 seconds. My wifes minivan will still stomp it's pink guts out, but it is better than the 14ish seconds that I started with. Photobucket is being tarded and won't let me flip the pics...

A55F2AF1-1498-4E8A-BEE7-A73F09815438.jpg

image1.jpeg

Viva la A10!!

Oh dang I was gonna order 2.5 ID Springs but if they aren't 2.5 I was thinking 2.0,dont know of any 2.25 ID....

If you plan to use commonly available adjustable coilovers, you need 2.5" ID. A 2" ID spring won't even fit over the strut tube.

And there are 2.25" springs, but they are usually for formula cars and there aren't a lot of options out there as far as rates go. 

From your photos it looks like the fronts will interchange with early z springs. Now if the rear will swap with the front we have a cheapskate stiff spring setup. Trimmed for ride height of course.

Lol wut? 

The photos i see ,, show the springs are quite a bit different in size.

Alex ,, coil overs wear out quicker than some will lead you to believe especially in daily driving.. If yours is going to be a daily driver i personally would work the with the stock springs a bit first.  Donovan is running stock springs in the warthog and we reworked the top hats to accept camber plates.. It isn't all the way down as far as it can go and with the ZX struts there isn't banging even in spririted driving,,, so we are thinking going a little bit lower.

Also Ebay coil overs come with plastic/rubber top hats,,, those are a waste of money as you can never set them up correctly.  If aluminum top hat they will work longer.

You are showing from left to right pl510, a10, and Zx correct? If so the early Z not Zx spring will fit since it is small like the a10.

But my question was are the front and rear springs the same diameter on the a10?

Left to right 70 510 ,, 79 A10..  83 280zx   i have early z (not pictured) and they are at least as big as 510

MonsterJam7002_zps92db051b.jpg

This car,, on page 1= one is this high/low/whatever only with about one coil cut out and the spring perches moved down strut. That's it

(corrected) on page two of this thread

datsun522315.jpg

There has since been things done to correct camber yet retain OG coils but that is way to complicated for me to explain ,

• Like 1

.................and don't be a pussy and tell me it will be bouncy. it won't be. I promise.

But after all, the last time someone said I promise, it was "...but I can't get pregnant. I promise."

FYI, green A10 in my signature is about 2-2.5 coils cut...... maybe 3? hell I don't remember.

Hack and hope :rofl: :rofl:

Know why this isn't posted in the 510/1600 section and is in the A10 section???   Oh!  your wall of mathematical calculations  and tireless scientific research ,, didn't tell you that did it?    OR is it that you never actually did any ...... Your endless research has brought you to the conclusion,,,  that you are going to buy some top of the line coilovers OR use some early Z springs???

LOL  Oh sure you betcha

And posting pictures for you showing you the differences and explaining how stock springs might ,,, depending on wheels ,,, actually go down behind tire on an A10,, is flaming somehow?? again LOL .

I really  hate to have to spoon feed you AGAIN since you sound like Richard Childress racing is on hold to finish one of their cars..

BUT

datsun-510-2.jpg

datsun-510-1.jpg

A10

datsun_510_2door_brown_1978_a.jpg

A10

1977_Datsun_510_by_datsunfreak.jpg

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and your welcome.