A10's U-nite !!!!

I think Hamuck is right......

There are also a few A10s out there with SR20DET swap, but it seems they're stuck in limbo and will never see the road.....

There are popular in Australia, though. They're called "Stanza" there.

Go check out Ozdat.com

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

240sx is independant rear suspension, much like the Z cars and PL510, whereas an A10 is 4 link (like the 210) for  sedans and coupes, and the wagon is a leaf spring setup.

an H190 from a 200sx bolts right into an A10. Much stronger, and some even came with disc brakes! 

Which brings up a question I've had for a while now -- Does anyone know if the Nissan Hardbody's LSD H190 center (solid axle) will bolt into a 200SX' H190 housing (4-link) ?? If so ..... mother of god. A10 with an LSD H190?! 

Keep in mind, you can just swap the H190 from a D21 into a wagon, as theyre both leaf springs. Granted, you would probably need a different driveline.

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

• Like 1

Talking more on the theoretical side with that. Not really going to happen, but I'm just asking more about what I have and if there's any major hurdles besides "not easy".

As for an original 510, if I find one in AL it will be ethier A) Rebuilt b) a complete car I won't want to destroy or C) way too much money. So that kinda gets theoretical due to lack of parts.

The coupe is most likely the rarest of all A10s, but I don't like the 'fast back' look.

I do, however, really like the 2 door sedan. Now that's sex.

On the topic of how uncommon A10s are, it seems like the wagon is most common, followed by the 4 door sedan. In my opinion the hatch back, like what Alexmeans has, is fairly uncommon too. But... I don't think I've ever seen a coupe in real life. I have seen two 2 door sedans. Really really like them.

• Like 2

Which brings up a question I've had for a while now -- Does anyone know if the Nissan Hardbody's LSD H190 center (solid axle) will bolt into a 200SX' H190 housing (4-link) ?? If so ..... mother of god. A10 with an LSD H190?! 

Keep in mind, you can just swap the H190 from a D21 into a wagon, as theyre both leaf springs. Granted, you would probably need a different driveline.

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

Yes it would bolt in... BUT.... The LSD side gears are for 29 spline truck axles. The S110 H-190 would have 23 spline side gears.

The D21 axle assy is massively wide and 6 bolt lugs.

Sexy but no one would know if it was LSD and the A10 doesn't spin one tire all the way through third gear to need it.

The LSD would have 29 spline. You would want 29 spline on your 23 spline on the S110 axles.

The problem arises because of the LSD. On an open differential you could simply swap the 23 and 29 spline side gears inside. The LSD side gears have to fit the clutch and disc layers on each side. If there were 23 spline...

OK I'm back. There actually was 23 spline LSD side gears for an LSD H-190. The early Roadster if you can find them. The part number is 38423-16300 but confirm this.

• Like 1

Actually the Z20E 200SX had an H190 too, with drum rear brakes.

Never seen that. Ever. 

I would bet cash money every USDM S110 200SX had disc brakes. And every Z20E came off the assembly line with the H165, and the Z22E cars had the H190. My S110 FSM doesn't even show drum brakes on any model.

I've bought no less than 5 200SX diffs that were disc brake and H165. And the only H190 I've ever seen in one was a Z22E car. 

But stranger stuff has happened..

I have seen an '84 (S12) 200SX with drum brakes on an H190. Maybe someone swapped one into an S110...

Mother of god, where did I get my facts from??

Sorry, I was getting confused with the S12 200sx, as the very first year (84?) had a 4 link setup with drum brakes with an H190.

When I said Z20E for whatever reason my mind went to the first gen S12, even though there's no relation there haha.