A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about using the word easy,, as the autos came with a pedal box devoid of a spot to bolt a clutch pedal to. You can box the end and weld it up, but you also will need a clutch pedal ,, and either bend the brake arm and weld on smaller pad,, or retro-rit one outta something else.

If at all possible try to get a manual box from someone on here as it would be quite a bit easier.

Everything else is very straight forward cuz the clutch master is the same one used in almost every Datsun.  We used the OG tranny crossmember from the auto without modification on a 280z 5speed... and the Z 5speed (or longtail 4speed) are the exact same length as your auto tranny,, so youe current driveline fits perfect.

Your results may vary

• Like 1

alright guys im back on for good!!!!!!, havent done toomuch workon my wagon because of the dreaded winter season coming into play, but i got her all covered up and will start work in the early spring!!!,  btw that datsun with the 6 headlamps :confused:

Cheers :)

The manual swap is pretty straight forward. I used a 280zx trans, clutch, and flywheel. I used one of the universal Wilwood clutch pedals from Summit, along with a Wilwood clutch master. The bolt spacing on the master is the same as on the Datsun. The pedal box needs slight modification, nothing heavy. The trans mount is a combo of 280zx rubber bits on the A10 crossmember. It all bolted up. Stock driveshaft. I used what was easy to lay hands on, other combos may give better results, but I am happy with the finished product.

• Like 1

Is there anyway we can have a sticky somewhere about the A10 and mods you can do to it? For future A10 enthusiasts and owners? Like an A10 bible? I'm willing to be an advocate for them haha!

It's time A10s get their 15 mins of fame. After all, A10s Unite is one of the hottest threads on Ratsun lol, and I don't know why. There's not much useful info here. Bunch of shenanigans, if you ask me. I blame it on Hamuck and Flatcat  :poke:  hahahaha.

1978 A10, located in Lynwood, WA pick-n-pull. Very complete car. Mint interior. 5 speed, factory radio and dealer option Clarion tape deck with very 80's sound system.

.......damn hippies. This was like... paper / fabric Mache` all over. With beads, too.

When I say mint interior, I mean mint door panels, dash, factory tach. The dash and door panels were still like ... soft and squishy - not sun baked like 90% of Datsuns. Seats were excellent under those furry covers, too.

RyAer4n.jpg

3sXJ7WA.jpg

9ijKwno.jpg

FgqYpOa.jpg

PJ4CNN4.jpg

Rare Dogleg option... should get it..... hey! how you know it's a 5 speed unless it was you who stole the knob?

Go get the manual swap parts.

Hmmm... my info shows only the 2 door hatchback with L20B through '79 as having the 5 speed option. The '80 with Z20 engine had the 5 speed for all 2 and 4 door hatchback and wagons.

Hmmm... my info shows only the 2 door hatchback with L20B through '79 as having the 5 speed option. The '80 with Z20 engine had the 5 speed for all 2 and 4 door hatchback and wagons.

You're right... But this had a 5 speed. I shifted through them. .... err.... unless it was a dog leg ?  :confused: