1974 Corolla Mango Coupe

Couldn't find a 521... and Hainz wouldn't sell his, so when I found this I had to have it. They are pretty rare, less of these than 510s actually... the market value doesn't reflect its rarity yet though. The gragars in the last pic came on the car, the lady who owned it since new bought them brand new also... they are magnesium, I feel lucky to have them. :D EVERYTHING works on the car, even the rear defrost AND the AM radio! Its got 110k original miles and runs like brand new, my only gripe is that its an auto... I located a 5spd swap, and it will bolt right in with no mods, but the auto shift perfect and I hate to ruin its originality...

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

keystone1.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!! One recommendation, find the '73 (or older) bumpers. They're smaller and DAMN SEXY! Good find. I know what you're saying about rarity. I don't see the coupes down here much. There's a 2dr wagon that rolls around, but that's it.

-Brian

Nice yoda. Leave it as stock as you can. I like em better than the 510. :cool:

Very hard to find for sure. Most that have them want a grip of $

I found some slim bumpers already... but $450 is a lot of money... I am gonna try to find some fiberglass ones before I shell out that dough.

These cars were also made in a 2dr sedan version... much more common, not long ago there were 2 sedans forsale on CL. I really like the wagons too, they are pretty rare as well, I found one once, it was sitting on a car lot that was shut down and was more of a wrecker at that point... tryed buying it and they refused to sell it, I kept bugging them till one day it dissappeared and they said it was sent to the crusher, very sad...

really cool, i havn't ever seen one quite like that. those bumpers aren't to bad if you have been staring at b210 ones like me. both set of rims are pretty cool. are either stock? if so they hooked that car up from the factory. an old lady with 2 sets of rims? weird.

those keystones are rare as hell, and worth more then a pretty pennie.

ive had a few people offer to buy mine on the spot, and guys into american classics wont belive their on a import, or they think there some kinda knock offs.

nice mango btw:D

what are you doing with your old bumpers when you get new ones?

Thanks all, very kind, the car came with the keystones, I bought the meshies... these cars have pretty big rear fender wells, the meshies are 7.5" wide in the rear with 215/50/15 back there, lol, looks like the car should be pushing over 250whp HAHA, its more like 60-70 with the auto. :fu:

Its does surprise people when they try to go around me from a red light though, hell it surprises me.

btw hainz, the intructions that come with the pertonix units are HORRIBLE, it reads like it was translated from a different language... good thing I had your dvd handy, :thumbup: thanks!

So far I have been doing basic maintenance just to bring it back from its 10 years storage, like hoses, belts, shocks, battery, the pertronix, fluids, etc... I think you get the idea. It really needs to be lowered, if I can find some 13" tires that fit under the fenders without rubbing, I think I will polish up the keystones and put those back on, as far as value well... just for the magnesium they are worth about $250, not counting their value just as a set of good condition original cragars. :D

I sure wish there was more technical info out there though... kinda like 510s for instance, I feel like I am treading new ground with almost every upgrade I make. Sure theres lots of stuff out there for the motors, but chassis and suspension stuff is few and far between. At least with a 510 the info goes so indepth that you can even find spring rates, diameters, and lengths of other vehicles that might work on it.

You tryin to get rid of me? :blink:

already on there, :D I still love the ratsuns, and the peoples, this is one of the friendliest forums around...

Hell, he doesn't even own a Datto and hangs out here, he knows where the best forum is. :thumbsup:

Turns out it's a '78 but incredible shape. It's not going to waste, one of the guys at the yard got if off... you guessed it , a little old lady. 138Km umm... 80Kmiles. The interior is pristine, not a flaw.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Toyota007.jpg[/img]"]Toyota007.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Toyota001Large.jpg[/img]"]Toyota001Large.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Toyota006Large.jpg[/img]"]Toyota006Large.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Toyota002Large.jpg[/img]"]Toyota002Large.jpg