1974 Corolla Mango Coupe

New pics today, lowered it :D

After reading how Pacific Coast lowered the rear of his waggy, I decided to give it a try, with excellent results. I got about an inch lower in the rear by taking out the overload leaf, flipping it and reinstalling on top. For the front instead of having springs custom made (no lowering springs other than ground control sleeves that I can find), I cut them... 1 1/4 coils and got 1 1/2 inch lower. I am very pleased with the results, ride is MUCH better, firmer but not on the bump stops, and no bounciness.

Heres the pics.

lowered1.jpg

lowered2.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think those mesh wheels looked way better. Mesh wheels always seem to look fairly good on import cars. The keystones... eh.. don't feel right on that corolla.. those wheels feel like they should be on some low end american car from the same era that I would ignore pretty quickly. :rolleyes:

Mesh!

I think those mesh wheels looked way better. Mesh wheels always seem to look fairly good on import cars. The keystones... eh.. don't feel right on that corolla.. those wheels feel like they should be on some low end american car from the same era that I would ignore pretty quickly. :rolleyes:

Mesh!

my thoughts exactly. Keystones look WAY better on a nova or camaro. plus i LOVE my meshies. bitch to clean but when they are they look oh so sechsee!

i like the keystones better.

seems like everybody has meshies these days, mom even has some on her lexus :D

plus there is a 10point bonus for vintage rims.

i rock the keystones on my hilux

020208_1652b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had a 73 Corrola 2 door with the nice small bumpers, I ditched the stock 2T-C and Toyoglide(yes, a 2 speed auto) for a JDM 2T-G and a five speed. It has the dual Mikuni sidedrafts and a DOHC 2 valve head, looked cool and much faster than the 2T-C, also pretty much an easy bolt in swap.

By the way, Keystone and Cragar are completly different companies. Cragar made(still do) a similar style wheel called the SS which looked better. Had a set on my 66 Chevelle and 81 Z28.

That's kinda funny about the rims....I bought a brand new set of them in about '84 and they were called Keystone Klassics then.....which would basically say that they were "retro" then :) I returned them and bought stuff I actually needed for the B210 at the time :(

Nice rolla, is the model number over there a KE25?. The brown one is a KE30 or 35.

Cool cars, but I agree, get the early model bumpers, look heaps better.

The wagons also look cool (this is a ke26);

newwagon12eq0.jpg

Thats what my 73 looked like but it was a 2 door coupe, and was a nasty yellowish color. Looked like baby poop yellow so I always called it the turd.

Love those cars, I also have a 75 Celica..I've seen several Celicas in San Jose area with S2000 engine..scary ride.

I have always liked toyotas. My brother was way into early celicas, but I was always a 510 guy. I wouldnt mind building one up after my 67 Anglia project that will run a toyota 1600 FI engine.

• 6 months later...
Huh - that's weird!

I found an old Toy in a salvage this morning.

corollafr.jpg

:eek::eek:

That thing looks pretty flippin solid man! I would love to have an old Yota! I almost picked up a 68 Corona a couple of months ago.

Great job on the lowering man, it looks so killer! I really like the look of the meshies better. Keystones look too American for my foriegn taste.:blink:

Sweet ride though, really sweet...like a mango:D