"The Rat Coupe" a 710 build

Bob3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

Hey if you're ever up by Loveland. I have a awesome hookup for tires. Literally 1/2 of retail etc. A good buddy of mine runs a Discount Tire up there. Let me know I could put you in contact with him.

Later, T—

I got a question about the size tires I bought for this project. They are 195/60/14 Nankang XR611. I bought them from discount tire direct. It is a good source and FREE shipping! All four shipped to my house for $252.00

http://www.discountt...195&ar=60&rd=14
Bob,

Hey if you're ever up by Loveland. I have a awesome hookup for tires. Literally 1/2 of retail etc. A good buddy of mine runs a Discount Tire up there. Let me know I could put you in contact with him.

Later, T—

Will do. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to complain that the car isn't ratty enough, but then saw your bare metal and slight surface rust in the middle of the underside of the hood. A technically qualifying feature that allows the title =)

Very nice car, very tasteful mods, love it.

• Like 1

RedBanner - I haven't driven it yet. I'm still finishing up the last little bits on my to-do list. I got the throttle cable and brackets done. I just need to add a throttle return spring and that is done. Then a few little things, just here and there and then off to Rallye/Sport for a tune from my old buddy Jeff Winter. Then I plan to drive the shit out of it!

My throttle linkage and cable set up. (Sorry for the sideways pic)

throttlebracket_zps9c0159fe.jpg

I was about to complain that the car isn't ratty enough, but then saw your bare metal and slight surface rust in the middle of the underside of the hood. A technically qualifying feature that allows the title =)

Very nice car, very tasteful mods, love it.

i agree your defintion of ratty is pretty puss by my standards ....nice build

FWIW, I would toss those little screenes in the garbage.  You might as well just cover up 1/4 of the end of the velocity stack and call it a day.  I would recommend getting a quality air filter to put on there (not just socks over the horns).  I will actually filter the air and won't cost any power like those covers do.  Just my .02...

FWIW, I would toss those little screenes in the garbage...  will actually filter the air and won't cost any power like those covers do.  Just my .02...

FWIW, I've driven two Datsuns back to back with them and then without them and couldn't tell any difference in power at all. 

Now, not saying they are great filters, just that they certainly didn't prove to be "power robbers". 

FWIW, I would toss those little screenes in the garbage.  You might as well just cover up 1/4 of the end of the velocity stack and call it a day.  I would recommend getting a quality air filter to put on there (not just socks over the horns).  I will actually filter the air and won't cost any power like those covers do.  Just my .02...

If you throw any in the trash, let one of us know where you throw them. ;)

Read and learn . . . http://www.bbrfilters.com/apps/testimonials/

If you throw any in the trash, let one of us know where you throw them. ;)

Read and learn . . . http://www.bbrfilters.com/apps/testimonials/

But you notice that all the testemonials talk about a power loss (albeit pretty small in most cases).  Typical wire mesh has an open area of between 50 and 75%, and this is being put right over the intake opening.  This doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  Plus, they only really filter out the large FOD, not the fine particles.  I'll take a good K&N or ITG filter over those any day.  I would be interested to see what Jeff Winters (who most definatly knows way more than me on this subject matter) has to say.

The car is looking really good though Bob.  As always, great attention to detail.