"The Rat Coupe" a 710 build

Bob3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you notice that all the testemonials talk about a power loss (albeit pretty small in most cases).  Typical wire mesh has an open area of between 50 and 75%, and this is being put right over the intake opening.  This doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  Plus, they only really filter out the large FOD, not the fine particles.  I'll take a good K&N or ITG filter over those any day.  I would be interested to see what Jeff Winters (who most definatly knows way more than me on this subject matter) has to say.

The car is looking really good though Bob.  As always, great attention to detail.

LOL - I'll let you know what Jeff says. From what I've read they will cost about 2% on power. That's fine with me, I like the way they look! ;)

If the "fines" get through and eat up the engine . . . I'll just build another! :P

LOL - I'll let you know what Jeff says. From what I've read they will cost about 2% on power. That's fine with me, I like the way they look! ;)

If the "fines" get through and eat up the engine . . . I'll just build another! :P

Well, to each their own, eh?  As long as you are having fun with it, and DRIVING it, it's all good.

• Like 1

Bob,

I love your shifter hole "trim plate"!

How about a shift knob shaped like an old Ford V8 knob? It is about 2 3/8" diameter. I had one done for my rat rod project, but I don't think the Dogleg trans will make it behind an L24 Z car engine.

Let me know of you are interested.

Nostalgia_-_Yellow_Pattern_Dogleg.jpg

Side profile

Nostalgia_-_Yellow_Side.jpg

Do it Bob. That knob is sweet. .....wait...... Oh we'll,...

@Dime Dave - how much$ ? PM if you want to not hijack this thread.

Loaded up and ready to go to see Jeff Winter at Rallye-Sport on the morning. I'm excited to get it back all tuned and ready for driving!

Is Jeff just 'going through' the car? I literally live 1 mile away from his shop. I gotta swing by and see this thing!

Is Jeff just 'going through' the car? I literally live 1 mile away from his shop. I gotta swing by and see this thing!

He is just tuning it. It has a NEW Weber on it and I don't know what venturi and jets are in it. I don't want to burn up another engine with the wrong jets in it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...