"The Rat Coupe" a 710 build

Bob3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed the front springs and reinstalled the front struts without them to see how low I want it. I removed the rear "U" bolts from the axle to see how low I want that end too. I like it at this height, 23" front and rear to the top of the fender arch. Ignore the tape thing on the front of the car. I'm working on some airdam ideas.

10-7-12-front.jpg

10-7-12-1.jpg

10-7-124.jpg

10-7-123-1.jpg

10-7-12-2.jpg

10-7-125.jpg

• Like 1

What is a 510?

Parts car for 710s.

am i the only one who finds the number of 710s strange? i mean come on its got a straight axle out back for crying out loud

Way less work to make a straight axle handle well than a camber prone toe steering IRS. :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

I'm still waiting to see pictures of the so called "Rat Coupe". The car that I see in the pictures is much to clean to be called a rat!

Nice find Bob, I'm looking forward to seeing this car progress.

• Like 2

That looks like the perfect height, did you peek at the bump stops or snubber for clearence? Wondering how much travel you had at that height.

I removed the front springs and reinstalled the front struts without them to see how low I want it. I removed the rear "U" bolts from the axle to see how low I want that end too. I like it at this height, 23" front and rear to the top of the fender arch. Ignore the tape thing on the front of the car. I'm working on some airdam ideas.

10-7-12-front.jpg

10-7-12-1.jpg

10-7-124.jpg

10-7-123-1.jpg

10-7-12-2.jpg

10-7-125.jpg

how do you do that, like, what, a couple nights work, and blam, awesome new car in the garage ready to go :confused:

It's not quite ready to go just yet. The gas tank is down at the repair shop having a liner installed and there are a few other odds and ends still to do. It will be ready to go this weekend!

After sitting for unknown years with NASTY gas in the tank. My gas tank was BAD inside! It looked very nice on the outside. I had it boiled out and it came out NICE!

insidegastank3.jpg

insidegastank2.jpg

I tackled the front struts on the 710 today. I used '82 Rabbit strut cartridges because they are 80mm shorter. I lowered the spring perch 40mm and shortened the strut 80mm. I then cut 3 coils off the stock springs and put it all back together . . . and . . . it works!

710strut1.jpg

710strut2.jpg

710strut3.jpg

710strut4.jpg

710strut5.jpg

Before lowering the perch

710strutbeforemodx.jpg

After cutting 80mm and lowering the perch 40mm

710strutaftermodx.jpg

New ride height !

newrideheight4.jpg

newrideheight3.jpg