Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Done for now, got all the flares and tires bolted on.  I still need to work the toe board area up front and get the tubs done in the back, then cut the rear flares and paint.  I can drive it naow though!!!

P1050140_zps57a6749f.jpg

• Like 1

Looking very mean.  How does it feel with the lower offset wheels in the front?  Is the steering wheel wiggle better or worse?

It will be cool to see how it goes at the next autocross (fingers crossed that it actually happens!).

• Like 1

I must admit I am normally not a fan of flares....at all. You however have done an extremely nice job with this! I like everything about the look! 

I think it must be something about the 4 door that makes it look so good. Every time I see a 2 door with flares it looks goofy (at least to me) but every 4 door I see normally just looks kinda wussy. Duke said it right though, this thing looks super mean! I really like it.....(not that my opinion matters since its your car and you should do with it as you please!)

Andrew

• Like 1

Looking very mean.  How does it feel with the lower offset wheels in the front?  Is the steering wheel wiggle better or worse?

It will be cool to see how it goes at the next autocross (fingers crossed that it actually happens!).

So far it feels quite good.  I have only driven it from Petaluma to San Anselmo then to Santa Rosa and back home to Petaluma.  Almost all freeway miles, only a handful of evasive maneuvers.  It seems to track fine down the road, no more pulling in the grooves than it used to or my Honda does.  The steering wheel wiggle (of death) seems to have mostly gone away.  I believe the worst of it was caused by an out of balance wheel and tire.  I did tighten the box but felt the most relief after rotating the tires.

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for the June autocross!  I hope the club can find a new site soon :crying:

I must admit I am normally not a fan of flares....at all. You however have done an extremely nice job with this! I like everything about the look! 

I think it must be something about the 4 door that makes it look so good. Every time I see a 2 door with flares it looks goofy (at least to me) but every 4 door I see normally just looks kinda wussy. Duke said it right though, this thing looks super mean! I really like it.....(not that my opinion matters since its your car and you should do with it as you please!)

Andrew

I think it's this specific set of flares.  I had never really planned on flares but when I saw these they just looked so right on every 510 I could find them on. 

To be honest though the extra motivation to do this was getting into autocross and wanting to put a bigger tire on the car to band-aid the driver's skill (or lack thereof) ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate the comments and opinions. :thumbup:

640546FF-3AF3-4C9E-92D4-E4A2EF72DC28_zps

• Like 2

I tore it apart October 2007 and drove it home from DGR in April 2011. So three and a half years. It is still a long way from being done, I consider this phase "development".

Just for fun, I have gone through since bringing it home:

2 custom log manifolds

2 downpipes

2 clutches

4 rearends

2 sets of half shafts

3 sets of wheels

5+ sets of tires

and around 20,000 miles

Got home from my Oregon trip to find these waiting for me

P1040481_zps0d065ce3.jpg

Just curious wondering where i can find me a set?

• Like 1

Just curious wondering where i can find me a set?

If you're looking for just stickers......try the link......I'm pretty happy with mine....

You can pick any size...any color......

• Like 2

This showed up today,  can't wait to slap it on the 510!!!

Thanks Matt!

511B9F6C-BC79-440B-8FB4-C107F1A01BD6_zps

Order yours and other billet Datsun goodies here:   http://www.md-machinist.com/

How should I finish it?  Leave it raw or get it anodized? 

OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo that thing is Purdy!!!!

Idk... Looks pretty badass raw... what color anodized??

I might have to pick one of those up... since I now have 4 R160 differentials to my name

• Like 1

Demo......how bout you just get yours out here before buying shit you can't out on. Haha!!

Im working on it...... But I need to feed the addiction somehow... and for now that entails stock piling parts

Im about to accept a position in SF... but not planning on it as a long term option... so she waits... for now... but I am hoping this will get my foot in the door for a more permanent option.

• Like 1

I hate this build thread!!! All I see are sick part after sick part and it's making me real jealous.. Seriously though this is one dope dime :)

This showed up today,  can't wait to slap it on the 510!!!

Thanks Matt!

511B9F6C-BC79-440B-8FB4-C107F1A01BD6_zps

Order yours and other billet Datsun goodies here:   http://www.md-machinist.com/

How should I finish it?  Leave it raw or get it anodized?

• Like 3

I got the cover back from http://2dye4inc.com/ and am totally happy with the choice of gold.  I ended up getting it type 2 anodized.  Type 3 (hard anodizing) was not offered in any colors other than black or clear.  Due to the fact that the cover is not ever going to see UV or much in the way of abrasive wear I felt comfortable with the Type 2 to get the color I wanted.  I am planning on getting this sweet piece under the car this Saturday if time allows.

Moar light than it will likely ever see again:

A0EADCDA-A81C-428D-84D8-E0D6F37B47AF_zps

New door mirror finally :D  Don't mind the missing trim, I was too excited to snap a oic but it is back on.

E594B685-9065-48FC-BBAA-661C48343665_zps

• Like 5