Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

No update on the tubs, I have been busy at work and lazy once home ;)

I received some nice images from the last autocross courtesy of the staff photographer, so I thought I'd post em here!  Thanks Bob!

This is a section called 'go kart' and the photos are in order, but I don't know if they are all from the same run.

gokartentry_zpsacff3c20.jpg

gokartentered_zps715ef9f8.jpg

gokart_zps241b8486.jpg

gokartexit_zps941d2bdb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know it actually wasn't too bad.  The car felt more neutral and controllable than any of the previous events I have attended.  Now I am worried that when I switch to the 225 tires up front it will be back to an over-steering animal ;)

• 3 weeks later...

pics of the collars used to hold coil over sleeves ?  

I don't have the collars.  My sleeves are held up by a sketchy weld bead.  If I were doing it again I'd do collars for sure with aluminum sleeves.  I preferred my last setup that used steel weld-on sleeves.

No recent updates.  I have been all over the Great State of California the last month for work and have had no energy once home.

Too much of this:

714B5B37-7F3F-4C46-9BFD-4A9C6A736CF6_zps

Not enough of this:

BE76BE47-22D9-4DBB-A3D2-D4295D96DBD3_zps

Looking forward to an autocross this weekend!

Canby to-do list is growing, it would help if I ever crossed anything off ;)

• Like 1

Just finish her up already!!!!!! I love this car... but she needs front flairs.... I just want to see those massive wheels and flairs...

.... I need my dime back.... and some of those flairs... 

... so now that youve done them once.. Want to do them again???

• Like 1

I would trim the bump stop down so it doesn't engage to early.  Maybe just tall enough so that the tires don't hit the fenders.  You don't want to be hitting those in the middle of a corner...talk about snap oversteer!

• Like 2

The pictures may be a bit misleading, but I did trim the stops.  The first photo above shows the trailing arm bottomed out on the body, tire is about .25" from the fender cut.  With the trimmed stops installed they engage maybe .25" before the arm bottoms out.  I have 2.5"-3" of compression travel before hitting the bumpstops. 

In this picture it looks like I have about an inch of additional travel in the right rear before it would have hit the stop

AprilAX1_zps756073b4.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Rollin' grill-less!

3009FB48-058E-4E72-A342-5CA7B494493E_zps

Pause on the rear tubs.  To be continued...

When testing the new wheel and flare combo on the front I found that I had the expected rubbing on the toe board area of the firewall at close to steering lock.  I also had issues at the front of the arch with the tire wanting to occupy the same space as the bottom of the fender at lock.  I may have to cut the corner off of the flare to get the necessary clearance in that area.

ADE0B17B-2712-4B85-B50A-44D3F1F3318F_zps

440381B2-9809-426A-AB58-9BD41010C6BF_zps

427B1600-F4F0-4F1F-977C-56BA9F021E73_zps

77E80B97-6EA7-4B2E-AA52-03B16D356AFB_zps

In anticipation of Canby I found the time and motivation to paint my CorAce reproduction grill.  I never test fit the grill and when it was ready I was bummed to find that it will not fit over my intercooler arrangement :( It may fit with a bit of trimming on the inner headlight  but for now I am considering it wall art. :D

C967E4D9-1062-4D43-A967-E7B264911119_zps

E874C396-0479-429B-93A1-33FCDF891B7B_zps

Blah blah blah Datsun.

I drove it today and it was awesome!

• Like 5

Adding caster by shortening the T/C rods will help with the tire rubbing on the toe panel, however, it will move the tire closer to the front of the fender opening so...

Could you mount the flares further forward on the fender?  This would give you some more room, but it look like you might have to do something about the bumper.

Oh yeah, and if you decide you don't like the way that grill looks on your wall I bet it would look awesome on the front of my car :thumbup:!

• Like 1

Haha. Long line for that grill huh?

• freetheoranges

sell it to meeeee!

• skyblue521Awww. No meee! Lol. That sux man. I know you were looking forward to slapping it on.

May 02 2014

I want the grill.

Oh yeah, and if you decide you don't like the way that grill looks on your wall I bet it would look awesome on the front of my car :thumbup:!

I think you can still get them here on ratsun? http://community.ratsun.net/topic/52679-repro-72-510-sss-grille-supersonic-badges/

• Like 2