Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

Meh,  I think I will save the wheel changeover till after the fun run this weekend.  I got em all dipped and ready though...  That and I'm waiting for an early X-mas present straight outta Japan ;) 

My plan is to install the wheels, CorAce GL grill, new fake inner headlights I've been working on, and my Japanese present all at once.  It should be a good makeover.

• Like 1
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Ah nice. Im in the process of converting to z32 brakes. Hopefully beat you to it hah.

When you do it build a second set of brackets for me :)

Shop oic....

I have one too.

Man your car is sweet!

Nice oics guys thanks!

And, what was waiting for me when I got home:

P1050048_zpsbb8d0061.jpg

Window frames look good blacked out, need to do it to mine. 

Do you have plans for a different mirror set up or are you just going to run a wink or something?

Thanks!  While I am personally OK just having the wink, (I drove it with the wink alone for almost a year) I do have other plans to satisfy Johnny Law.  I will be biting the style of one of my favorite 510s and running on Australian Falcon XYGT mirrors.  I got the idea from Anth's car:  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15189-anths-69-510-fj20et-from-aus/page-6

That is the plan, but I might go without for a while because those suckers aren't cheap.

I haven't Hainz sorry... Still need the software to upload them, I'm not very good at that stuff.  My buddy said he could help me but it's not done yet.

I for sure would love to have some real nice wheels but haven't found the right used set and a new set of custom Work Meister S1 is pricey.

• 4 weeks later...

No real work done but I did buy more parts :D

Refresh 60 flare mockup:

7864995C-AF3E-48B1-B773-198EF1524EA4_zps

262241F4-F821-467F-8A56-5E61ACBF4897_zps

A960BF8A-682B-4970-9224-56F2373ECF36_zps

CCDD7284-C31E-409C-AC55-F9A1CF4D40D9_zps

Obata-San included some cool photos with the flares:

Refresh6035_zpsa8fbcb03.jpg

Racers_zps4f5f5dff.jpg

I'm trying to decide on some new wheels and have figured I need something close to a 15x9 et-15 ish to fill the flares up.  Planning on running a set of 225/45 BFG Rivals.  I would run the rears at an effective -25 with a spacer.  Unfortunately I cannot justify spending 2k+ on authentic Japanese wheels so it looks like I'll be reppin reps again :crying:.  Right now trying to decide between Rota RKR, Rota Kyusha, Atara Wats, steelies, or ??? Let me know if you have any suggestions or come across something good for me!!!

Those are the same rear flares but I will be mounting them right up at the body line and cutting / tubbing much more of the body to facilitate the low and wide :)  I would like to go down another inch in the back and maybe a bit moar in front too.