What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So not sure what ratio is in that 81 720 captain goofball has since ,,,,,,,,,,,apparently,,,,,,, he used the aluminum tag/plate to scrape grease off the engine id location and thinks he has lost it.................... I assume you would have to take it all the way out just to fimd out now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if he will even sell it to you .

• Like 1

Some tranny noise that goes away when I push in the clutch.. maybe it's just exhaust shifting around. 

This is typically the throw out bearing. They have gone down in quality over the years in my experience. :(

So not sure what ratio is in that 81 720 captain goofball has since ,,,,,,,,,,,apparently,,,,,,, he used the aluminum tag/plate to scrape grease off the engine id location and thinks he has lost it.................... I assume you would have to take it all the way out just to fimd out now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if he will even sell it to you .

The ratio is stamped on the ring gear. 

IMG_8244_zps869ddeec.jpg

35:9

35/9 = 3.88888

:)

• Like 4

Some tranny noise that goes away when I push in the clutch.. maybe it's just exhaust shifting around. I'm fixing the exhaust a bit more to make it better and more the 2 inchs away from the ground.. I'll have dual exhaust this way. Lol.

This is typically the throw out bearing. They have gone down in quality over the years in my experience. :(

IMG_8244_zps869ddeec.jpg

35/9 = 3.88888

not sure this is the throwout bearing if the noise stops when you step on the clutch. When the pedal is depressed, that should be the only time the throwout bearing is contacting the fingers on the pressure plate. Sounds more like a bearing on the input shaft. If its not terrible, meh. Its a 45 year old Datsun!

Congrats btw on getting it moving under its own power. You're significantly ahead of me!

• Like 3

IMG_8244_zps869ddeec.jpg

35/9 = 3.88888

Yeah but like i said you gotta pull it out ,,,, when if he wasn't such a dumbass we could have just looked at the plate.

• Like 3

Instead of the POS wire clip retainer?

What years of Audi please? My 240sx needs this upgrade.

They are on all sorts of cars,,, VWs SAABs I believe Mercades i'm positive any junkyrd has more than you will ever need

heres a little info I thought Id stick up here from Blues Tech Tips

theres a ton more helpful info there too.

The new ones with the push style clip

injector_lead.jpg

Car Quest Part SK-25

Auto Zone part number is AZ #077926

GP Sorenson part number is 800-9213

AC Delco part number is PT-113

GM part number is 12085491

injectorconns.jpg

Here are two injectors readily available from a junk yard. A GM (from an Achieva and an Audi from an 89) The audi's are much better quality and include a hefty boot. The Audi had a 5 cylinder motor however there were enough connections in the engine compartment to do nearly two Zs.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13393-upgradingreplacing-your-injector-connectors/

• Like 4