What I'm working with!

uberkevin

So i'm not understanding,,, are you saying the driveline one-ear gave you won't work either??

While I was at one-ears we started talking about drive lines, he said he has a bunch, so we walked into a back room and there lied About 10 drivelines he was calling 520s..

Before that I noticed a drive line laying in front of a 720 he had so I went and grab that one and lined it up with all the others on the ground

All 11 of then we're the same size.

Later I took the drive line he gave me to the u joint and set it down next to the other one I had left there. One that forsure came out of a 520 and put into a 521.

And here's what happened.

20160308_100526.jpg

The one on the left is the one I got from one-ear.

I'll be using the ugliest of the two.

After they took the slip yoke off the end of it he told me to go back home and Re measure but put the yokE all the way in the transmission and measure from the middle of the u joint hole to the flange on my diff..

Everything will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok,,, but if you shove the yoke all the way in then measure center to center,,, it will be to long won't it???

. I say that because when you install or remove a driveline ,, one must usually first push driveline yoke farther into transmission in order for it to clear the rear flange centering deal ( that circle on the flange) and be pulled out .. That's why i pulled it out a little over half inch before we measured it,, which is like about the minimum cuz alot of times it's more like 3/4" .

Or am i reading what you wrote wrong??

• Like 2

Here are the different ways to measure a drive line. and Naner is correct there needs to be 3/4" play on the slip yoke to accommodate The up and down movement of the driveline.  The shop should be sizing for the rear end movement of 3/4".

figure1.jpg

figure2.jpg

figure3.jpg

figure4.jpg

figure5.jpg

I use the Figure 3.  Your driveline guy wants you to measure using Figure 1 with the yoke pushed all the way in, he will adjust for the rear end movement.  I hope this helps.

• Like 5

I would think you don't want the yoke pushed in all the way when measuring.

When your suspension compresses the drive line needs to go somewhere.

No where to travel if it's pushed all the way in already.

which is most likely the culprit for tranny explosion v1.0.... that and driver input 

• Like 2

Everything is fine, the 3/4 of an inch of play will be there.

Also dick-muncher my other drive line had the 3/4 inch of play as well....

Two days before my tranny fucked up I drove an old guy about 45 minutes to Shelton and back into olympia to get some food from Safeway. Then down town to meet up with a coworker to grab some shot for work then alllll the way back home...

Not one fucking problem. No horrible vibrations nothing... to this day I don't know why that shit happened..

Don't throat punch me..

• Like 1

I miss you two being bff's.

Why all the hair pulling and cat scratchin?

naner is bi polar .. he came over last sat and was the nice sweet caring naner ... then his internet naner that u just wanna kick your tower over and punch a cat .. we are bff's he just pours it on extra thick cause i have him figured and i remind him as much as possible .. there's no beef .. im just responding to internet naner 

• Like 4

Oh I took off my door panels to make new ones, I haven't got to far on this just cut one of

the new panels out of some thin plywood i got. I'm a really picky person about little shit 

so I know that I wont put something in my truck I don't like or isn't to my satisfaction.

Like the dash board or these panels.

here ya go.

DSC_0050_zpse5792830.jpgif your wondering what the thing in the back ground is? well its a home for this.. DSC_0039_zps6a6cc053.jpg

can u send me dimensions for door panels mine didn't come with any trying to make some out of thin plywood aswell

• Like 1

Nice to see the lizard again.  Looking thin on the legs.  take a poop sample to a qualified vet and have it tested for parasites.  Needs more light and calcium.  Iguanas can be touchy too keep.  Buttercup was skin and bones when I got here as a rescue.  She had parasites, easy treatment of a milky looking liquid given to her 2 times and no more parasites.