• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I do what I can :P

and I'm just gonna slide in another oic of my car....shhhhh

DSC_0841.jpg

I did a lot of experimenting with camera angles and taking oics of only parts of cars. I'm trying to get into car photography as an art form so I can get some good poster worthy shots and get them printed large scale so I can have my own Datto posters on my wall. Long story short, excuse the dizziness that my previous posts may have incurred (correct word usage? maybe....not sure anymore but idk what else might go there so oh well :P )

Thanks for posting the pix! :)

I had a great time yesterday, as it was my first time showing at JCCS. Some of you who said it wasn't that hot obviously don't live coastal...it was brutal out there! Even under the JNC tent it was roasting.

The wagon got a lot of praise, the most asked question was usually about wheel fit.

Also for those of you who were wondering about the Koyo 510 radiator, it's a brand new item from them, and it will be out real soon. It really is a top notch product, and yesterday's heat definitely put cooling systems to the test.

It was fun meeting those of you who came by the JNC booth to talk hot wheels and stuff. I'm sorry if I couldn't get to everyone but I was super busy all day with hot wheels fans young and old! So if I couldn't chat with you long, please don't take it personal.

It was a great experience to talk with John Morton and Diane Krey-Wesley, they truly are some of the nicest people. And I can't believe how many Skylines were there. I think that was one of the biggest concentrations of Skylines I've seen, even by Japan standards! Which reminds me, it was cool to finally meet Eric from JDM Legends after trading all of those emails over the past year.

Big thanks to Yokohama Tires, JNC, Koyorad, and everyone else who helped me slam my wagon together this year. And of course to Koji and Terry for putting on such a world class event!

I was planning on taking a shitload of pictures and post them up. Truth be told I only took one. It was very hot, and very crowded. Taking pictures woulda been a pain in the ass trying to get people to stop walking in front of cars. Or standing next to them and gawking at them. I have mental memories. Sorry for your disappointment MM.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of pics of this event.

Here are some pics my wife took. I was more interested in looking at the cars, and we really only looked at the Datsuns. Like everyone has said, it was really hot and we only stuck around for a little over an hour because of the heat.

http://www.objext.com/jccs2012

• Like 1

I had a very interesting chat at the JCCS yesterday. About 2PM a young man from Japan and his American cousin were walking by and did a double take at my RL411. It seems that the visitor had just bought a 1967 411 in Japan and was looking to restore it to original condition. All the examples he found in Japan had been extensively modified. Bottom line he and his cousin took a whole bunch of pictures and we had extensive discussions on where to get parts and what "other" model parts could be used. I pointed out that around 1969 Nissan built some "American" configured RL411 for the JDM market in Okinawa, so that may be a further source of parts for him. Okinawa was still operating under occupation government at that time and drove American style on the right side of the road.