JCCS 2012

MikeRL411

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just registered here. Please don't mind me sharing some photos from the show.

8th ANNUAL JAPANESE CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2012

Lots of great cars and nice people all collected in one place.

First 3 are of mine.

datsun_521_6.jpg

datsun_521_3.jpg

datsun_521_5.jpg

datsun2ndplace.jpg

2ndplace_datsun.jpg

72_celica.jpg

510_wagon1.jpg

_MG_5070.jpg

510wagon.jpg

520_truck.jpg

celica_gts.jpg

celica_st.jpg

celica.jpg

chrisluv2.jpg

datsun_2000_1.jpg

dastun_2000_5.jpg

datsun_2000_2.jpg

datsun_2000_3.jpg

datsun_classic.jpg

datsun_green.jpg

Just registered here. Please don't mind me sharing some photos from the show.

8th ANNUAL JAPANESE CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2012

Lots of great cars and nice people all collected in one place.

First 3 are of mine.

datsun_521_6.jpg

datsun_521_3.jpg

datsun_521_5.jpg

datsun2ndplace.jpg

2ndplace_datsun.jpg

72_celica.jpg

510_wagon1.jpg

_MG_5070.jpg

510wagon.jpg

520_truck.jpg

celica_gts.jpg

celica_st.jpg

celica.jpg

chrisluv2.jpg

datsun_2000_1.jpg

dastun_2000_5.jpg

datsun_2000_2.jpg

datsun_2000_3.jpg

datsun_classic.jpg

datsun_green.jpg

T-rick was that your 521 on the first pictures,if so nice truck wish we talked more but i was wondering around im the one with the green 521 thanks for posting pictures i did not take any of my truck and it was my first car show.

T-rick was that your 521 on the first pictures,if so nice truck wish we talked more but i was wondering around im the one with the green 521 thanks for posting pictures i did not take any of my truck and it was my first car show.

Yeah, that is my truck in the first photo. You green truck was very nice and classy. I thought about going that route for the show also, but wasn't able to find any large white wall wheels with my budget.

(Sorry for temporarily hi-jacking the thread) ... but like the below photo that I chopped.

datsunside3.jpg

Damn Mr Big did ya have to quote all the FN pics????

Anyway thanks for the pics T-rick That's the first pic of my Z that I didn't take.

And welcome to ratsun. If you did that to your truck with the fat WW that would be sick. Clean truck.

Well I just happen to run a machine shop. I guess that's why I'm so into this car.

Look at the cam cover NO OIL CAP!!!

I love JCCS, but there is no published judging standard, so it guess it depends on who is judging and what the judges are into. It was so hot, I was only there from 9:00am-11:00am. I'm sorry I missed this car, and didn't see you, either.

Yeah, that is my truck in the first photo. You green truck was very nice and classy. I thought about going that route for the show also, but wasn't able to find any large white wall wheels with my budget.

(Sorry for temporarily hi-jacking the thread) ... but like the below photo that I chopped.

datsunside3.jpg

My truck was the 521 with the billet's and big brakes.Not the 520.

I love JCCS, but there is no published judging standard, so it guess it depends on who is judging and what the judges are into. It was so hot, I was only there from 9:00am-11:00am. I'm sorry I missed this car, and didn't see you, either.

Yeah man that sucks. I would have made fun of you for sure. But you"ll be tired of me by the middle of Oct.

And I agree with you on the show and judging. Best show of the year but not so good on the judging part. Hell I won 3rd place best 510 back in I think 07 with a primer wagon. :confused: And that was before they had a wagon class.

We have never been able to figure out how they judge. I have had four different 620s entered over the years at JCCS, the green truck twice--- once without a camper shell and once with. So that is 5 different "looks" if You will. Last year I brought a very stock, not restored, propane powered 620. I brought My dually project 3 years ago. What I am saying is that the judges have seen it all from Me, from stock to very altered statis. No also remember that Dave trailered down His incredible blue full show 620 3 years ago. This truck has EVERY piece that can be chromed done. Take into account also that there have been four trucks during the years that have V8 conversions. None of these trucks took a trophy to My knowledge. I feel that there is something that they look at to decide but We can not put Our finger on it. I have decided that I will probibly never get a trophy at JCCS and I am OK with that. I make the 250+ mile drive to see My friends, and make new friends. One time Our truck group was almost 20 trucks strong. We carefully watched the judging on that show and NO Datsun pickups took any trophys that year. So just come for the nice grass, ocean, seagulls, chicks, friends and vehicles. I WILL keep coming back, if only to shake that hand of a person I may see only once a year ! ! THAT is the magic of JCCS ! ! !

• Like 1

We have never been able to figure out how they judge. I have had four different 620s entered over the years at JCCS, the green truck twice--- once without a camper shell and once with. So that is 5 different "looks" if You will. Last year I brought a very stock, not restored, propane powered 620. I brought My dually project 3 years ago. What I am saying is that the judges have seen it all from Me, from stock to very altered statis. No also remember that Dave trailered down His incredible blue full show 620 3 years ago. This truck has EVERY piece that can be chromed done. Take into account also that there have been four trucks during the years that have V8 conversions. None of these trucks took a trophy to My knowledge. I feel that there is something that they look at to decide but We can not put Our finger on it. I have decided that I will probibly never get a trophy at JCCS and I am OK with that. I make the 250+ mile drive to see My friends, and make new friends. One time Our truck group was almost 20 trucks strong. We carefully watched the judging on that show and NO Datsun pickups took any trophys that year. So just come for the nice grass, ocean, seagulls, chicks, friends and vehicles. I WILL keep coming back, if only to shake that hand of a person I may see only once a year ! ! THAT is the magic of JCCS ! ! !

well said dude!

OK Help me out here. I can never remember your names. Your the one with the long hair and your bro with the badass green 510 with the VG.

Long hair guy Fill name in here _______________

Your bro with the green dime Fill in name here ______________

I'm an old ass hat and can't remember names well. Please forgive me..

you got the OLD part right!!!! (ha ha ha ah)

Mike I am so glad that yu posted wat you did..do you remember the first year wen they had the 620 trophies, but wudn give em out because we didn have "enuff entries?..or the year that everyone agreed that "Ol Yeller" shud be a trophy winner but didnt get a sniff..(altho the girls spent a lot of time after the show wanting to be photographed next to that "bitchin Yelo truck"...or the year Ol Yeller was on the poster....ya ya ya all bout me I kno...but as you put it, i too am resigned to not winning and will just enjoy meeting the nice people that come to these shows..........we had our time didn we 'Steroid"?

yellersgirls.jpg

Queenmary25.jpg

OLYellersatRaystoo.jpg

YelleratLongBeach.jpg