My friend Tim's '77 hatchback

datsunfreak

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Said every v8 swap craigslist ad.... let me guess, there was a hard part... and its done right?

Keep at it. Or forever be shamed, and forever shame your spawn!

Thanks, keep after me on this and we'll get it finished.  I'd sure hate for my spawn to be shamed!

• Like 1

Thanks, keep after me on this and we'll get it finished.  I'd sure hate for my spawn to be shamed!

A big pot of coffee in the morning will get you motivated, and a couple of six packs before bedtime will help you rest until the next pot of coffee. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

he's selling the mini, isn't he?

Had a couple "Looky-Lous" come see it yesterday.  One had to ask, "his boss" if she would let him buy it.  Haven't heard back.  The second declined to buy because of the 850cc engine.

While waiting for them I built the zorst pipe from the passenger side manifold under the cross member.  Turns out it was a "Tim CANNOT weld" day.  Oh, I got the zorst stuck together but when I tried to make a throttle cable bracket... it all went to hell.  The still-hot, slag-infested chunk of metal got shoved into a fire ant mound and I went home.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim actually got to work on his car today!!!    :rofl:

Trying to sort out the dash wiring...

20140412_110444.jpg

And routed all the wires for the engine harness...

normal_20140412_110426.jpg

Hopefully next trip we will get the harness terminated for all the sensors under the hood and get it wrapped up.   :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the day off to... know what?  That's not a) important and/or 2) any of your business...  

So, I took the day off and had the bottom pipe of the radiator welded on.  If we don't go to a swamp meet to buy a wiring harness for The Chickenhawk, we'll prossibly get it installed Saturday.  Oh, and I would take a picture but it would not be worth a crap so you'll have to wait for D-Freak to do it.

I took the day off to... know what?  That's not a) important and/or 2) any of your business...  

So, I took the day off and had the bottom pipe of the radiator welded on.  If we don't go to a swamp meet to buy a wiring harness for The Chickenhawk, we'll prossibly get it installed Saturday.  Oh, and I would take a picture but it would not be worth a crap so you'll have to wait for D-Freak to do it.

Is that the big swap meet that is at the race track once a year?

If we don't go to a swamp meet to buy a wiring harness for The Chickenhawk, we'll prossibly get it installed Saturday.

I take it that means that you guys won't be at Nismo Fiesta after all.  I hope I don't end up as the only Ratsuner there.  Then again, I think I can handle a few Z guys.  

When can we expect a startup video of this thing?