Jordan's Fully Caged, Flared, Tubbed 72 SR 510

510 OC

I'm sure you are trying to complement Jordan's abilities more than anything else, however I would like to quickly respond to your comment. 

I have sold about the same amount of these shifters to people that have the ability to build one then I have those that don't. It should be said though, that copying somebodies existing design for something is much different then coming up with an idea, putting that idea into a design, prototyping, testing and then producing it. I have thousands of dollars and probably over a thousand hours in designing, testing, modifying, testing, prototyping and then more testing of this shifter. I started with the idea for this shifter back in Oct. 2011 and I finally finished the last modifications and got a fairly large order of supplies in June of 2013. Now that may not mean anything to you or others, but the one group of people that I have found it does mean something to, are people like Jordan and Duke. Both have extreme fabrication skills, and both, on some level have exposure to the professional/business side of the customization world. Until you have an intimate understanding of just what it takes to build, design or modify something, do you fully respect someone else's efforts to do the same, especially if it is done well. 

When I designed this shifter, I was not expecting to get rich with it, and I'm not. I've only recently made my money back from this 2 yr long project. I'm also not trying to get everyone to buy it, I just designed what I wanted for a car I was building and decided to offer it to others who shared my opinion about what a shifter should do. I'm glad people have purchased and now enjoy my design and effort, but its a bit of an insult when an ignorant person posts up a comment in reference to my efforts as if it is the most simple thing in the world to make a custom short throw shifter that is unlike anything offered. It is however much easier to copy an existing design and I suspect that at some point someone will copy my design. I guess when that happens I should take it as a compliment, since my ideas and implementation of those ideas were good enough for someone to take the time to rip off. But whether its my product or someone else's, unless you really know what it takes to come up with an idea (probably the hardest part of anything custom) and then design, prototype and produce it with success, you should probably not talk like it's an easy thing to just whip up because you have fab skills. I'm just glad that for the most part the people that do actually have skills, understand and respect what it takes to make something from nothing, and from my experience, want to support fellow builders that do so by buying their products, instead of ripping them off. 

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance 

Andrew.

Great job on the shifter. I own a machine shop. So I do have the skills to copy your shifter, Do I have the skill to come with it on my own HELL NO!! Would I copy yours HELL NO!!.

It appears to me you put a lot of time and effort into making that shifter. What most people don't realise is sometimes it's just easier to buy something rather than copy, Or build your own.

I'm sure you are trying to complement Jordan's abilities more than anything else, I sure this is what Janksun was doing. You have to admit this kid Jordan had some mad fab skills.

• Like 2
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how the fuck did we get off on this already ...... jesus nice shifter ....... big deal no need to totally take what janksun said out of context........I think most would assume that his comment was to pay homeage to Jordan and his project and not diss your skills in making the shifter......maybe u should post more then 25 times to understand how ratsun works ...... it only takes about 50 posts to get it ...its not always about u .... just saying...atp... I was thinking about buying one  but after that rant meah .....not interested in pissing contests...

no homo

read the comment again it has nothing to do with u or your part so why did u wall of text In here again .

• Like 4

I would like to just make a few follow up comments real quick. 

First, Jordan, sorry for the left hand turn with the direction of your thread. I suppose a few build photos could put this right back on track though!  

Also, Janksun, I'm sorry if I came off like I was attacking you personally, that was not my intention. I thought I was clear that I believed you did not have any negative intentions with the comment and were merely complementing Jordan, who should be complemented for his abilities and the nice work he is doing on his build.

To be honest, my post was not directly about my product. It was simply my insight to an educational issue I see with the industry as a whole. There are those that understand it on a daily, personal level, who are trying to do this kind of stuff for a living. Those that do this stuff on the side for fun. And those who have no first hand experience of what it takes at all, but see cool stuff on tv and the internet, which does not accurately display the effort or skill required to complete the things they see.

I am in NO WAY upset that Janksun said Jordan could make the shifter I make. There is no reason to "chill out" because I am in no way worked up about it. I was instead agreeing with him, trying to say, "yes, he could totally make my shifter" and at the same time trying to thank Jordan for his respect for my time and effort that I have spend to design it, by buying one instead of trying to copy it. 

What I was mainly trying to address with my post was the "respect" piece. It can easily be found with those in the industry, not always, but mostly. It is however extremely tainted and lacking when it comes to those that do not do this for a living or at least have no first hand knowledge of what it really takes to build something completely custom. People do not fully understand what goes into coming up with or implementing a single idea. Or what is required to make sure that idea will even work the way it should. I was trying to use my experience with my shifter as an example to what really goes on when trying to come up with something totally new and different. I was trying to relay the fact that just having the skill to make something, does not mean you could, if someone hadn't already taken the time and effort to design an idea. This is the exact reason why intellectual property is so fiercely protected. The hardest part is the idea, and copying someones idea, whether you possess the skills or not, is not exactly widely accepted to those who understand just how difficult this industry is. 

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance

• Like 1

omg u are mad that's why u keep dumping these walls of text in here ... we get it, its s a nice piece and your not butt hurt but keep posting your "your not butt hurt but u made this ".......I get it .... ok can we stop polluting a perfectly good thread with hypocracy.... your product speaks for itself ... now let it ... your not helping

people copy shit every day ...its 2014 no ones original anymore ..... the worlds not fair take it as a compliment and move on ....if they make a 1000 and sell them well get a attourney..... again I like your shifter ....the rest is meah though....... send me some,   lets powdercoat them cool colors,  but lets not just restate the obvious that u have a lot of work in developing these shifters...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

That is some incredible fab work! Would their be any advantage to putting them on a unmodified car? I would think the shocks would get in the way like they do now.

Some advantages to running these: tucking some serious tire, less weight, beefier shock mounts if you're running coil overs. I'll throw up some pics of them installed when i get my set. 

this is insane are those rear control arms available to the public yet?

Yes sir, currently having my set made. If anyone is interested in a set feel free to pm me.  :thumbup:   

• 2 weeks later...