510 OC

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this Control Arm Idea!

Does it require a mini tub? 
Does it require Rear Strut Tower Modifications like moving them inward?
These wheels as they sit look like even with custom CA's, they would hit the strut and the inner wheel well. 
And are these for Flared Fenders or will they clear a rolled fender? 

Sorry for all the questions but with all the fapping, these were not addressed. 

• Like 1

^^^....seriously :rofl:

These wheels as they sit look like even with custom CA's, they would hit the strut and the inner wheel well. 

The picture content to words ratio in this thread is PHENOMENAL......

....I'm sure you will SEE answers to all your questions.....................................

......in due time...........my friend.............in due time....

• Like 3

^^^....seriously :rofl:

The picture content to words ratio in this thread is PHENOMENAL......

....I'm sure you will SEE answers to all your questions.....................................

......in due time...........my friend.............in due time....

As a man, I understand that we are visually stimulated but at some point we all realize there is no meat on those bones.

It's only a fantasy.

Then we realize we want the real thing. And I want this! I want this to address the raction issues i'm going to have with

my dime once I get my motor roaring to life.

Hence the questions.

But i'll take more oics too!

The 510 that this set is being made for is running widened tubs. Not as extreme as mine but you'll still need mini tubs. This set up does not require modifying the rear strut towers which is a plus! :lol:   And the 510 that this set is going on is running stock rear fenders. When this set is complete i'll post some pics of them installed on a 510. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I just stumbled onto this thread and after looking through every frick'n page I found myself covered in drool, OK I'll be honest, I'm covered in DNA. Seriously Bro, your user name should be OCD 510 cuz this build is absolutely insane, Your roll cage alone could get you committed to a state institution, but that trailing arm is deeply disturbing. I think you may have "special needs".

All kidding aside, your Dime is a piece if art and I'm really looking forward to watching your work. Thanks  :thumbup:

• Like 6

Thanks for the kind words good sir.

Decided to treat myself to an early Christmas gift and picked up an ATP Short Throw Shifter. When deciding what shifter to go with for my sr20 it was a no brainer to go with the ATP short throw shifter with the billet knob. The build quality on this thing is top notch and I couldn't be happier with the shifter! :thumbup:

photo111_zps73510950.jpg

photo211_zpsb24b02a4.jpg

photo44_zpsf2b5a407.jpg

photo36_zps02246a03.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind words good sir.

Decided to treat myself to an early Christmas gift and picked up an ATP Short Throw Shifter. When deciding what shifter to go with for my sr20 it was a no brainer to go with the ATP short throw shifter with the billet knob. The build quality on this thing is top notch and I couldn't be happier with the shifter! :thumbup:

photo111_zps73510950.jpg

photo211_zpsb24b02a4.jpg

photo44_zpsf2b5a407.jpg

photo36_zps02246a03.jpg

I feel like you could've made this?

• Like 1

I feel like you could've made this?

I'm sure you are trying to complement Jordan's abilities more than anything else, however I would like to quickly respond to your comment. 

I have sold about the same amount of these shifters to people that have the ability to build one then I have those that don't. It should be said though, that copying somebodies existing design for something is much different then coming up with an idea, putting that idea into a design, prototyping, testing and then producing it. I have thousands of dollars and probably over a thousand hours in designing, testing, modifying, testing, prototyping and then more testing of this shifter. I started with the idea for this shifter back in Oct. 2011 and I finally finished the last modifications and got a fairly large order of supplies in June of 2013. Now that may not mean anything to you or others, but the one group of people that I have found it does mean something to, are people like Jordan and Duke. Both have extreme fabrication skills, and both, on some level have exposure to the professional/business side of the customization world. Until you have an intimate understanding of just what it takes to build, design or modify something, do you fully respect someone else's efforts to do the same, especially if it is done well. 

When I designed this shifter, I was not expecting to get rich with it, and I'm not. I've only recently made my money back from this 2 yr long project. I'm also not trying to get everyone to buy it, I just designed what I wanted for a car I was building and decided to offer it to others who shared my opinion about what a shifter should do. I'm glad people have purchased and now enjoy my design and effort, but its a bit of an insult when an ignorant person posts up a comment in reference to my efforts as if it is the most simple thing in the world to make a custom short throw shifter that is unlike anything offered. It is however much easier to copy an existing design and I suspect that at some point someone will copy my design. I guess when that happens I should take it as a compliment, since my ideas and implementation of those ideas were good enough for someone to take the time to rip off. But whether its my product or someone else's, unless you really know what it takes to come up with an idea (probably the hardest part of anything custom) and then design, prototype and produce it with success, you should probably not talk like it's an easy thing to just whip up because you have fab skills. I'm just glad that for the most part the people that do actually have skills, understand and respect what it takes to make something from nothing, and from my experience, want to support fellow builders that do so by buying their products, instead of ripping them off. 

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance 

• Like 11

I'm sure you are trying to complement Jordan's abilities more than anything else, however I would like to quickly respond to your comment. 

I have sold about the same amount of these shifters to people that have the ability to build one then I have those that don't. It should be said though, that copying somebodies existing design for something is much different then coming up with an idea, putting that idea into a design, prototyping, testing and then producing it. I have thousands of dollars and probably over a thousand hours in designing, testing, modifying, testing, prototyping and then more testing of this shifter. I started with the idea for this shifter back in Oct. 2011 and I finally finished the last modifications and got a fairly large order of supplies in June of 2013. Now that may not mean anything to you or others, but the one group of people that I have found it does mean something to, are people like Jordan and Duke. Both have extreme fabrication skills, and both, on some level have exposure to the professional/business side of the customization world. Until you have an intimate understanding of just what it takes to build, design or modify something, do you fully respect someone else's efforts to do the same, especially if it is done well. 

When I designed this shifter, I was not expecting to get rich with it, and I'm not. I've only recently made my money back from this 2 yr long project. I'm also not trying to get everyone to buy it, I just designed what I wanted for a car I was building and decided to offer it to others who shared my opinion about what a shifter should do. I'm glad people have purchased and now enjoy my design and effort, but its a bit of an insult when an ignorant person posts up a comment in reference to my efforts as if it is the most simple thing in the world to make a custom short throw shifter that is unlike anything offered. It is however much easier to copy an existing design and I suspect that at some point someone will copy my design. I guess when that happens I should take it as a compliment, since my ideas and implementation of those ideas were good enough for someone to take the time to rip off. But whether its my product or someone else's, unless you really know what it takes to come up with an idea (probably the hardest part of anything custom) and then design, prototype and produce it with success, you should probably not talk like it's an easy thing to just whip up because you have fab skills. I'm just glad that for the most part the people that do actually have skills, understand and respect what it takes to make something from nothing, and from my experience, want to support fellow builders that do so by buying their products, instead of ripping them off. 

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance 

Well said Andrew, well said and i couldn't agree with you more.  :thumbup:

Good point but i think you over reacted from a simple comment, chill out buddy i bet he didnt got the intentions whatsoever to insult you!

I am a Fabricator with some skills but i preffer sometimes to buy an already proven product rather than copy it myself, hell everybody needs to eat dont you guys think!

By the way Awesome shifter, i wonder how much it cost, as i like it a LOT!

• Like 2

Good point but i think you over reacted from a simple comment, chill out buddy i bet he didnt got the intentions whatsoever to insult you!

I am a Fabricator with some skills but i preffer sometimes to buy an already proven product rather than copy it myself, hell everybody needs to eat dont you guys think!

By the way Awesome shifter, i wonder how much it cost, as i like it a LOT!

I agree with this guy.^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1