GOATS-521

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I finally figured out how to post this pic. What a nightmare! I dont want to give up to much info on this project, so be aware. This is another redesign of the 521 into a roadster. It does have a roadster clip graphed to it. Please no purists talkin shit, I plan on possibly drifting this down the road. Let me no what you think. I want to make it to the Datsloco meet in may so keep your fingers crossed. Thanks030412112702.jpg

I like this.You are good idea.

• 6 months later...

I have now been driving this thing for about 2 months now in the same condition you all last seen in this pic. The ka24de is great power and a lot of fun to drive and spin donuts in. work and my new daughter have been keepin me real busy these days, so i dont have much time. Being a dad is like a whole new project for me. I will add more recent pics of swap and added construction soon

Definitely want to see more of this truck. I love a pure datsun but custom creations like this are awesome

this is a pure datsun it is a roadster truck 510 all in one that is pure genius I love it 

It is cool in every way but not on a rainy day 

You must understand this, I think this is awesome, period.

I am always thinking, so don't take this for anything other than me thinking, always thinking.

030412112702.jpg

I see another step that could have been taken, since the box is so short, if the box could be connected to the cab like I did on my 520 project, with the rail and hooks removed and the top of the box shaped to match the cab height, this would be a perfect candidate as a convertible hardtop wagon, it would be so freak'n cool.

But it would also be a lot of work though, i should know, this is a link to my build.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27671-1966-datsun-520-kingcab-project-act-2/page__view__findpost__p__545211__hl__wayno__fromsearch__1

DSCN1019.jpg

DSCN1012.jpg

Hey Wayno I actually did think of connecting the cab and bed initially, but i knew if I wrecked either one, I'de be screwed on more fab work. So this was much safer for me. And oldskool the other side of my garage looks worse than most, but thanks for noticing. I got crap everywhere too. 

• 3 months later...