JDM truckster

GOATS-521

I finally figured out how to post this pic. What a nightmare! I dont want to give up to much info on this project, so be aware. This is another redesign of the 521 into a roadster. It does have a roadster clip graphed to it. Please no purists talkin shit, I plan on possibly drifting this down the road. Let me no what you think. I want to make it to the Datsloco meet in may so keep your fingers crossed. Thanks030412112702.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to guess from the photo you posted, I would say you basicly cut the back of the cab off, so you could put the seat back farther.

I have come to this conclusion because that headrest looks like it is back farther than normal, like my bucket seats in my 521 kingcab.

DSCN0607-1.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

I don't blame you one bit, in my opinion there just isn't enough room in there.

Are you welding the box to the cab, or did you already?

The Bed is still separated. I did not want to have something flex,but that was my first thought. The cab is wide open in the rear. There is extra cab mounts in the center. I'm sorry for not posting more pics right away, but I don't want people to bite this idea. When its rollin on its own ill post more pics. Let me know what your looking for. Ill try to be fair. Thanks again for all the great feed back

I welded them together on my latest project, but to make it look proper, I removed the upper railing and made it smooth.

DSCN0892.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

It was a pain in the ass, it took me 4 days to kingcab this truck, it took me over a month to connect that box to the cab, I don't beleave it can flex, as I made so many connections to the cab, and then I boxed/double walled the whole thing, I made hundreds of spot welds.

Thats right I used the roadster front frame half for the four lug pattern & disc brakes. Its the only framed four lug datsun car I knew of. Damn those ball joints are expensive, never again.

The brakes are obviously 4 piston calipers from a 1990 twin turbo 300zx. The rotors are from Coleman racing, and are a special design. This is a kit from spriso motorsports that specializes in roadster restoration. They love sr20det swaps. I also installed a 1"bore wilwood mastercylinder, and bent my own hard lines. This truckster has been fitted for the ka24de, which should be more than enough power. The rear end has also been retro-fitted with a four lug independent setup from a datsun 510(thanks Datsloco). The floorboard was stripped out and redisigned for a bodydrop, that sucked. I dont recommend that for the weary. My first and hopefully last one I do.. I had very rare oldskool 14" takeshi project wheels on it to stay true, but they now dont fit the disc's. So those need to be gone, let me know if someone needs them. brand new tires to. Thats about it for now, I covered about all of it. Pic's will come soon enough.