Bamboo Banzai

Skib

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbs?????

EFI is so nice though. Starting perfectly on cold days is hard to beat.

Just saying :)

lol Iv run plenty of both carbs and EFI on daily drivers

EFI is nice that it fires right up and runs smooth and you dont need to tune it ect.

but I like having carbs too, you cant beat the old school cool :P and the sound of side drafts

warming it up and keeping them tuned doesnt come off as a chore to me either.

that and theres plenty of standard KA swaps out there, carbs make it a little more interesting.

I actually picked the single cam KA for the sole purpose of its ease to swap to carbs, easy/cheap availability

and to me its like a modern L motor. so it keeps it I4 SOHC but with moar powwwa :lol:

stuck a good deal with MyDailyRoutine on this single slammer.

(for those that havent kept up, the whole drive train plan is a page or 2 back)

imagejpeg952.jpg

I'm headed up to Datsunville next week if that works for you. I have to pay James a visit. I will be bringing your KA up with me. Tell James to have coronas waiting. :D

240sx one = better

just saying....

I say keep it EFI so I can sell you a CAN/AM box then :) haha JK

What are you plans for spark? There isn't much out there in the means of using the optical sensor in the Dizzy to add/subtract timing. Well besides Megasquirt that I can think of.

icehouse, you can drop an l-series dist drive into it and use l-series parts the rest of the way up... dont quote me but i remember someone saying the l24 drive was the one..

ive got a pic of an l20b distributor pedestal in a KA24e timing cover.. the bolt holes dont line up but it just needs a little strap of metal to hold the pedestal down..

then you just find the l-series parts you want from there... keep it simple with matchbox EI...