Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I need a new phone... anyway spotted a pumpkin colored Dime last night. Coming down Mountain Avenue in Upland, Ca.
Had an exhaust pipe coming out of the right. It was backfiring and it sounded awesome... maybe what some of you call... Rotary?

ARYN9Ic.jpg

Yes I need a new phone... anyway spotted a pumpkin colored Dime last night. Coming down Mountain Avenue in Upland, Ca.

Had an exhaust pipe coming out of the right. It was backfiring and it sounded awesome... maybe what some of you call... Rotary?

ARYN9Ic.jpg

4dr?

It was an attempt at an electric vehicle...then I think hybrid...and I was corrected its sat for 10+ years. I talked to the department chair today, he said there's gonna be some legal crap to go through (no title at the very least) but they'd be glad to get rid of it. 

and by sketchy work I mean they cut the rear suspension and floor out. There is a really bad tube frame done with rectangular box steel that isn't even miter cut, the ends aren't sealed up just open tubes. There is no rear suspension, it has a beetle transmission where the R160 should be....trust me, its weirder than your average 510. It makes me really mad because the ASME club at my school has cut into that 510 which hasnt been touched in 10+ years, then tried to do the same thing to a trans am rather than finishing the 510, that's sat for 5+ years. And now theyre "working" on a late 60's fiat....which hasn't been touched for 4 years. it sucks, no one around here is afraid to cut into old metal but no one finishes shit. Theyre also in the process of destroying a suzuki samurai which could have made a nice 4x4. 

But I've got some plans for it so I'm gonna try to pick it up this summer or as soon as I can find a place to store it. Because it's actually pretty clean, no rust at all really.