510 STOLEN

my cherry red 1969 datsun 510 wagon was stolen yesterday. the theft happened between noon and 2p yesterday afternoon from se 14th and taylor in portland, or. exterior is pretty clean but has a noticeable dent in rear fender and cargo door. interior has original seats with torn seams on front passenger seat. is missing carpet on main interior but has newer black carpet in cargo area.

the engine and transmission was completely rebuilt a couple years ago. has a nissan chrome locking fuel cap.

i found these photos of my wagon posted on a blog at the link below.

http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2010/08/1972-datsun-510-wagon.html

thanks so much for reading my post. hopefully red will be recovered soon...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks dude!!!!! I'll keep an eye out up here.

We have to get rid of the pussy liberals first.

I take offense to that :)

America 3% of the worlds population 25% of the worlds inmates. Just saying.... Would like spend my tax dollars on something besides war, a drug plan Bush screwed us on, along with zillions of inmates held for silly crimes like weed.

i know this car! drunkenly stumbled on it a few times around belmont. i will keep my eyes open. i know most of the "510" community around here. i dont know any thieving fuck 510 owners around here. check tow yards scrap yards... when ive scrapped cars in portland they required a title. no tittle if its cut to pieces.

I scrap cars for a living, when I am not tran sporting them and there is sevral ways around not having a title and not cutting it up, and there are alot of yards on columbia that just dont care

all the more reason to worry. damn shiesty broke crackheads that stink and are retarded know it alls. scrapping cars ut there and the shady scrap yards. what yards so they can be reported or you'd rather not say?

hopefully it was just a joyride or an attempt to scrap. woud feel cheated if it was someone in the community. im loosing my trust as i type. bastards.

I will be making rounds tomorrow on columbia, and I will look for it, and you can pretty much scrap a car with out a title at every yard on the west end of columbia, including the big one like pick and pull, I have done it, but only on cars that I know the whole story on like, aunt lost her title, and moved away type stuff

I will be making rounds tomorrow on columbia, and I will look for it, and you can pretty much scrap a car with out a title at every yard on the west end of columbia, including the big one like pick and pull, I have done it, but only on cars that I know the whole story on like, aunt lost her title, and moved away type stuff

nice! an eye out at the yards.

We really need to create an emergency rapid email list of all of the scrap yards and people at the yards so we can put them on blast when this happens. How awesome would it be to be able to notify the yards to keep their eyes open, and to find out someone's whip was brought in for scrapping/parting and the thieves ended up getting arrested because the yards called the cops?

I'll keep watching. I live in SE and am used to seeing your car regularly. Saw it Saturday turning left off Division at Division Hardware. Was in my yellow 1200 2 cars back.

I had my Toyota van stolen about 5 years ago in SE. It was found about 10 blocks south minus stereo and speakers. $300.00 in tow fees so some shit could get a $50.00 stereo and trash the dash.

i recovered red late last night. thanks so much for all the concern!

my friend made a wrong (right?) turn and happened upon it. wasn't even looking for it at the time. battery was stolen along with some other property. kind of relieved i hadn't yet bothered to put a radio in it as that would likely be gone too.

i still can't believe it was stolen in the first place. was parked in front of my home briefly in the middle of the day. one time i didn't lock it... it's good to be reminded how opportunistic thieves can be i guess. situation might not be so forgiving if it were to happen again. rather ballsy to steal a car like this in broad daylight...

so so glad to have red safe and sound with me again...

thanks again for all the help in getting the word out and keeping your eyes peeled!!!