How old were you the first time........

.....you got your drivers license?

What year was it and what did you drive for the test??

Where did you take the test?

1993 and I was 17 driving an 80 yota pickup 5 speed. San Diego. Passed the first time. Drove the yota for a year or so then wrecked it in a snowstorm moving up to Idaho. A month later I had my first Datto :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year in May (I think?) 2010

My 210 wasn't road ready prior, so I had no reason to have a license. Insurance is expensive!

I took the test in a Chevy Venture minivan laugh.gif The dude was a TOTAL badass. Told me I was the best driver he had ever tested.

2001 VW Jetta (Which I now drive, at the time was my mom's car)

Hillsboro OR, 100% on the test first try. First car was a 89 Mercedes 300SE, hurt the bumper in 6 months time, havent hurt a car since.

First datto was September of 09.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

2001 ,,, I was 5 yrs old ,,,

Drove a late 80's Suby Wagon stick (manual ,,,, dual range 4wD btw !) ,,, 3-marks against me ,,, got my first car 3-6 months later ? ,,,

puppy...ollz

Back then you got a 90 day permit to practice driving. Had to have another person with you that had a license. (which means you could have another 16 year old in the front seat, crazy) I renewed mine 3 times over the next year and took the test when I was close to 17. Used my dad's '64 slant six Dodge and passed getting my operators license. This would have been '67?

By '70 I had a new Dart 340 and accumulated enough demerit points from speeding that I had to go in and be re-tested. This was the systems way of seeing what I was doing wrong and telling me to smarten up or the next ticket the license would be pulled. So the instructor had me fill out the questionnaire and we went out in the parking lot for the road test. We walked over beside my car and I thought we were taking this Oldsmobile and I said 'is this your car?" he said 'no I thought it was yours.' So I said 'no, this... I pointed to this lime green muscle car ... is mine'. 'oh he says, I see what the problem is now'. So we went out for half an hour and I was perfect, and he even said so, and also that every ticket was for out of town in 60 MPH speed zones and all I had to do was slow down. I think he had fun, and every time it was clear to accelerate safely to the speed limit, I slammed him back in the seat and let the dogs loose.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I was 16 when I passed the driving test with a 98 in 1973, I took the test in a 1971 ford LTD. My first car was a 1963 rambler classic. I bought my first datsun in late 1995, a 1967 datsun 1600 roadster, which I have to this day.

Rambler..I had one once

was a 327 rambler...99 buck special...

tires got burned off in the parking lot of the apartment I lived in,the marks are still there today :lol:

cops showed up and everything :lol: :blink:

i got mine back in 87 i was about 18 in my family friend's audi green 4 door automatic i think it was a 84 audi. i passed 1st time but i had stopped inside x walk at stop sign instead of before it. it was in Crescent City, CA. way north of the bay area, 45 minutes south of Oregon border on coastline. in fact that is where they filmed scenes of "RETURN OF THE JEDI" star wars trilogy, the redwood forest where the Ewoks lived. for all you STAR WARS fans