My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drag queen past tense I guess? Idk, there's so many dialects in the English language it shouldn't really matter what is said as long as the point gets acrossed. The sad thing is I can go two cities over and head downtown and I won't hardly be able to understand what some of the people are saying.

Funny story, a buddy of mine has a teenager who was taking Spanish class in high school, his buddy who was Mexican failed the high school Spanish class because he spoke Mexican not American espaniol. Supposedly they're teaching the kids first language and yet he failed the class? Why does he even need to take the class?

okie dokie... 

well the timing chain is mega stretched out again.. 

should have went Japanese, but i cheaped out... 

in any case, this KA is well overdue for a rebuild. i was hoping id be able to get a frontier KA, but it doesnt seem like thats gonna pan out. leaves me with rebuilding this single cam until something else comes along.

after tearing the carb apart, it runs a little better, but its got a hug dead hole at low engine speeds that its never had.. 

has to be the cam timing thats off making it have a huge dead spot. its running sorta like its half a tooth off.. 

did get a few pics of the 38 apart.. its still super clean inside. i found a tiny piece of rock in one of the main jets tho. greased the sync gears and the accelerator pump lever thing. soo much easier to push the gas now. 

20140928_162415_HDR_zpsyc8fmw24.jpg

20140928_162408_HDR_zpshmeacbbn.jpg

heres the intake with the carb off.. 

20140928_162359_HDR_zpsc1shhhdt.jpg

back together...

20140928_172046_HDR_zpsmsn3d0nk.jpg

oh yeah, heres the dogs...

20140908_193801_HDR2_zpssceatw7i.jpg

20140908_214243_HDR2_zpsm1zy27ge.jpg

lol

in other news, rorys CA swap is almost done.

20140926_233013_HDR_zpstkvq1hx4.jpg

more to come...

• Like 3

tomorrow is gonna be datsun day..

gonna take it on a drive to dads to hang out... and then family dinner in kuna after that..  

i fired it up this morning, and noticed the accelerator pump is leakin. ive got a spare ill toss in it tomorrow. 

pretty sure thats where the semi dead spot is coming from.. we'll see. 

ill try and make a few vids too.. lol

• Like 1

well poop... 

forgot about the videos the other day. 

i did drive it to work today. have to take the highway tho. too much rpm on the freeway and the lifters start complaining. 

luckily, i did figured out how to take the rock/lifter unit apart. 

im thinking about getting another set from the JY and going through them. might just pull my own set and go through em tho. save a couple bucks. 

had a payday yesterday, and we have all the bills paid. so next pay check i can start saving up for the engine kit. 

i have all the parts for the for the spring swap in the front too. might start workin on that in the next few weeks. 

more to come.. 

• Like 1
more crusty parts... 

got my s13 intake. yes, ive decided to go injected. been looking at the microsquirt that DIYautotune makes. same guys that make the megasquirt boxes..

the box with the harness and sensors is only $385 with shipping, so this is how its gonna go. 

intake.. 

20141010_215242_zpskmd8v3m2.jpg

20141010_215221_zpsyalxmuo6.jpg

gonna need a few things.. lol

prolly gonna run dsm 450s, walbro 255, 2 bar GM map, 57 trim on 6lbs.. should be good for at least 220 horse at the wheels. 

gonna try and order the engine kit here in a few weeks. gonna see if the machine shop by my house does balancing. if so, ill need to get a flywheel and clutch kit to have it balanced with it. i want this thing smooth as i can get it. 

peach butt...

20141005_160037_HDR_zpsptqwudan.jpg

more after the break...
  • Like 1
dug out the old injectors and rail from the KA.. the ones that were on the truck intake. 

the injectors and rail bolts up, but the regulator is on the front on the s13 intake.. 

soooo, i guess we'll see how this turns out. not sure if ill even use this rail if i go with bigger injectors.. 

pics..

20141012_183157_HDR_zpsahmj1n1p.jpg

20141012_183124_HDR_zpspvos14qu.jpg

20141012_183111_HDR_zpskyccbv36.jpg

20141012_183048_HDR_zpswd5dj8zt.jpg
  • Like 1

hahaha^^^

so i have the engine in the truck. i have some pictures that i havnt gotten on my photofuckit.. 

main concern is the oil pan is like a 1/2 deeper in the deepest part of the sump.. hangs below the engine crossmember pretty well now. ive gotta make a skid plate now for sure. 

twin cam head is bigger, obviously, and it hits the throttle cable where it mounts on the firewall. gotta carefully bend that some more. 

im hoping an s13 DE exhaust manifold will bolt in or at least be close. it has the same flange with the 2 holes and 3 bolts. side by side with a single cam exhaust it looks like it should work. crossing my fingers. 

gotta start taking the frontier intake apart. strip all the injection shit off it.. gonna get the injector holes and the PVC port welded closes.. prolly the same with the EGR valve port too. 

ill get the pic uploaded on the way home from work.