My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you need more kingcab, you look kinda squished in there, that short shifter is nice, not a lot of throw. :)

the space isnt bad... i fit in a single cab just fine too if you can believe that.. 

the shifter was from a z car, and i cut and re-welded it at the wrong angle. it worked out well enough though. 

video of the KA..

• Like 2

lol, it runs okay.. 

been driving it to work the last few days as the GMC is about to fall apart.. it needs tires, belts, hoses, tierods... 

datsun starts up pretty well in the morning cold.. i bet the neighbors love me firing this thing up at 5 in the morning lol

been takin it easy on the freeway when i drive in and home, and it seems to help the oil consumption. we'll see. 

• Like 1

Really bad seals will drip oil down the stems after shut off and sitting. This is characterized by a blue puff on restart. A Qt. every 50 miles is way wrong and has to be rings.

Or leaks? Any oil on the snow when sitting??? :lol: Maybe only pushed out when driving?

• Like 1

no leaks other than where the distributor pedestal bolts on the timing cover. it leaves a spot maybe the size of a nickel when i leave it in a spot over night. 

like i said, i think the rings are toast.. 

itll get torn down before canby. at the least im gonna put new rings, rod bearings, and reseal it. 

• Like 1