My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and so concludes this fun filled thursday...

got alot done today.. 

like expected, i got the brakelines, tierods and a set of shocks. got a set of tierods off a d21 and they were too long and had a weird bend in em that hit the frame. i went back and swapped em out for another set from an 85 4x4 720. right on the money with the 720 ones. they have a turnbuckle type of adjuster instead of the sleeve clamp the others had..

got the brake lines from another 85 720 in the yard. they work great. 

got the shocks from a wd21 style pathfinder. dont know what year, but it was a v6 model. 

the tierods need to be tightened up, but i have a baseline toe adjustment set. 56 1/4in on the backside tread and 56 3/4in on the frontside. its easy to push back and forth. we'll see how it does...

heres a couple pics of the buttoned up driver side. 

20140320_190220_zpsjfqigxgf.jpg

20140320_190119_zpstccy2sl3.jpg

shocks are mounted and final, gonna get the tierods finished with cotter pins...

last but not least.... 

the brakes work!

the pile of junk works! got the brake bled this evening, and while only rolling it in the garage, they feel like theyre gonna work great!

pedal has about a half inch of soft modulation area, and then firms up just right. still need to drive it and see if they "really" work, but i think i got it!

last things to do are change the oil and filter, get a piece of aluminum pipe for my upper radiator hose, fill it up with coolant and see it i can get it running with the new coil. 

more to come!

• Like 2

okie dokie. 

so i got the lifter figured out. 

#3 exhaust lifter was toast. it just slid back and forth in the rocker if you shook it. 

tossed one from the old set on, and its good to go now! took it on a spirited drive and it has a ton more power with the 240 cam...

gonna adjust the toe in the steering a bit to get it tracking a little better. 

i need to get tags back on it so i can start driving it to work. 

more to come....

• Like 2

right on...love the videos !

Looks and sounds great!!!! Congrats

thanks guys! 

alrighty! update again. 

took the truck to boise for work. did pretty good! 

the toe out was obviously not helping that much, so i took it by my dads place and adjusted the passenger tierod back in. it needs a little more to make it just right, but its much better to drive now. 

i tried to beat the shit out of the suspension to see if theres gonna be any breaking points. the uppers look like theyre holding up well. no visible signs of cracks or anything bad. im gonna pull them off here in a few more weeks to see if they have any bad spots that i cant see. 

brakes, like before, work great. gonna adjust the pushrod a little bit more to get a better pedal feel. lol dat feel.... yanno?

its apparent the fucker uses more gas.. but its also quite fun to get on it, so thats prolly not helping.. 

took some pics today..

fuck yeah!!

20140329_081801_zpskwdi5onw.jpg

stopped after leaving dads...

20140329_115809_zpspxgmlsuy.jpg

20140329_115835_zpsurlbeqti.jpg

20140329_115822_zpsxfredeok.jpg

20140329_115755_zpsokuryx6j.jpg

and in other news, i have fernandos truck in the garage for some work. 

this ones getting some floor replacement done, fixing a fuel line, and doing the brake and suspension swap.. 

20140327_201229_zpsazxdzvjr.jpg

twin cam, bitches!

20140327_201239_zpscxqrfipu.jpg

thats all for now..
  • Like 1

thanks larry!

very much so... after the 10s, it all went crazy... lol

sooo, the carrier bearing i though was better isnt so much better.. lol its really much worse.

after the first trip to boise and back, it been howling real bad at any speed over 5mph.. i just need to order a new one. fuck it.

gonna pick up a set of brake pads for the front. i need to get a set of wheel cylinders for the back and shoes too. the backs havnt been done in years. 

i just need to fine tune the alignment a little more. its pretty close right now, but still wants to wander on cruddy roads.. 

lol, im really noticing i need to get a 5 speed that matches the KA.. the L-box is all wrong untill i get to 3rd. its makin noise too.. 720 5 speed please? 

more to come...

so, i might not get to go to canby this year.. had an interview at the NAPA in town for a driver position.. big paycut, more than certain no canby, and 5 min from home... 

and thats where im at with that.. i would totally love to get out of the call center business, but i have the time off locked in, and am still workin there.. just got my annual raise at apple too.. id like to work closer to home though. 

dunno yet. we'll see if they call me back.. 

in other events today, i stopped by dads to get the air compressor he made for me! 

he mentioned a week or so ago a tank, motor and pump that he had pretty much ready. he just needed to put it together. 

check this out! 

20140405_194047_zps4xvrszsf.jpg

20140405_194036_zpsqm87vf25.jpg

it runs super quiet. uses 110v hookup. i cant complain one bit!

we made a homemade wire clamp too. dad has a tool that hooks on the U in the wire and pulls it tight as it holds it. works better than a hose clamp.

20140405_191608_zpsvku1s7xr.jpg

20140405_191602_zpshtxxbwdz.jpg

and datsun...

20140331_1240032_zpswzlcqjkf.jpg

more to come......

• Like 3

wanted to update. 

i put my 2 weeks in at my call center job. took the job with NAPA in town, so i dont have to commute anymore.. 

fernando made sure i got the job.. lol. i think i can still make canby too...

with that news, im also getting another toy. 

a toyota actually.. a 77 rolla to be exact. has a 2t with anew weber, 5 speed swap, 13in wheels.. its pretty neat. 

1383866_746584142040903_335513857_n_zpse

gonna use my vacation payout to buy it.. should be getting it here in a few weeks. the wife is gonna drive it mostly during the summer, but im lookin at getting it cleaned up a bit more and whatnot. 

more to come!

• Like 3

thanks!

i think im gonna like the yota.. i did the valve adjustment on it last year when they were still driving it. its pretty quick for a 1600. 

ive never looked at the front suspension on it, so im kinda curious how the first guy that had it set it up. it hardly has any travel in the front. 

NAPA ask what size shirt im gonna need.. i get 5 free work shirts!! woo

• 2 weeks later...

well, turned out im not getting that toyota.. 

didnt get the payout from my vacation like i though it would be, soooo no new toy to play with. 

it works out tho.. ill have some cash to buy some stuffs for the datto. it needs a few things now that ive been driving it. 

the big GMC needs some shit too, so its not all bad.. 

more to come...