My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

Wow seems like shes got plenty of get up & go with the KA ! Your gonna love the 3 link..no more bottoming out :hyper:

it doesnt do too bad.. itll run a little better after i get a new timing kit in it. gonna swap the 240sx cam in it too. 

im actually gonna go lower with the 3 link! might bottom out.. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

update

another battery is toast. will get another one here soon.. 

have the truck in the garage finally. jayden, wide and fernando helped out a bunch!

have the bed off too. 

CAM00160_zpsx4amsutw.jpg

CAM00154_zpsiosfcqpm.jpg

CAM00153_zps7kpc7f28.jpg

CAM00152_zpsrvnjkhkv.jpg

CAM00150_zpsfqjaw4vd.jpg

gonna get the link setup started here in the next few days. 

scored a few parts from the junkyard too. 

got a set of rockers, a KA electronic coil, square port manifold from jayden, head pipe for that manifold and a mangaflow muffler..

CAM00163_zpsj9sxwatp.jpg

CAM00157_zpsgjw9zc0i.jpg

CAM00156_zpsggum7ydk.jpg

CAM00155_zpse0wqw4xt.jpg

more to come...
  • Like 1

Right on get that 3 link going ! & remember...the lower the better :thumbup:

hell yeah! its gonna be nice to cut the leaf mounts off.. ive drug through 2 leafs now, and im done with that shit.. lol

got more parts! my wife ordered a timing kit for the KA. comes with a new water pump and oil pump. should be here soon. 

gonna pick up the D21 frontend parts tonight from jason. 

looked up the majority of the parts ill need, and its actually gonna be pretty cheap.. i figure i have maybe $2-300 of stuff to buy... we'll see.

more to come. 

• Like 1

mark, ive had the tank in the bed for a while now.. didnt really dig it being under the truck being that low. you can see it in the first picture where the hood is in the bed..

had a fuel cell for a while before i went back to a stock tank last year. i did a full return system too so it would stop vapor locking..

yeah, this thing has gone through 3 main leafs in the time ive had it lowered. first one broke, second and third were drug through... lol

and last but not least, the frontend parts from the D21s we tore apart!

CAM00168_zpsaopkamme.jpg

gonna get those sorted out here later on today..

its all coming together!!!! i was starting to worry about the time left till canby. im sure ill have it ready now. 

oh yeah, the timing kit is shipped. should be here later this week! woot!

• Like 2

i hope so... 

balljoint frontend will be the best part i think... closely followed by the rear suspension.. disk brakes are gonna be nice too

i anxious to see how its all gonna work out... the last major part i need to get is the new master cylinder for the brakes. gonna get rid of the booster and the datsun master for a 1in bore GM master. 

custom datsun all the way?

• Like 1

shiiiit.. 

well at least i have a welder. 

gonna get started on the timing kit since im kinda low on cash. the metal for the back will have to wait till payday. 

but i have time to get the engine stuff all buttoned up before i get started on the back and the brake swap.. 

more to come...

• Like 1
started tearing more of the truck apart.. 

got the timing kit installed at this point. i still have to get the cover back on and whatnot. 

got the cam and rockers from the other car on it too. 

removed the brake master and booster too for the brake swap. 

pics..

CAM00177_zpsqkte0qmt.jpg

CAM00189_zpsrjhghalk.jpg

CAM00194_zpsqc3htjtu.jpg

CAM00182_zps4fmhtd4h.jpg

CAM00201_zpsxc4g7fez.jpg

CAM00193_zpsp4pchlnb.jpg

CAM00203_zps1ptha0nh.jpg

gonna get it buttoned up tonight hopefully..
  • Like 2

this was where i got to last night... 

CAM00206_zpshukm1h5y.jpg

got some stuff to buy before i can button it all the way up. gonna pick up a t-stat and some new spark plugs... i remembered the ones i was using were from the L20.. lol

i have the brake system tore apart now.. gotta order master cylinder here soon so i can figure out the brake lines and whatnot. 

CAM00187_zpszcgipmuq.jpg

gonna work on it again tonight. plan on getting all the 620 suspension removed and at least fitting the lower control arms. 

more to come... 

• Like 3

What the hell ? Do you have a camera man?

Every time I think I should take a picture I am all covered in some kind of Crap . I come read up on your tread and its like a dam movie ! I m not complaining, I'm envious in fact .

gloves are my best friend in the cold garage... they also keep the brunt of the grease off my hands, soo it works out okay.. hahaha

so i got stuck on trying to get the front passenger lower control arm off the truck.. 

the bolt is corroded real bad into the sleeve of the bushing.. i put some penetrating oil spray on it last sunday and havent been out to the garage since.. 

i couldnt even turn the bolt, so im guessing a new bushing will be in order. 

is there a bushing removal tool that will work for the 620?

more to come. 

• Like 1