My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

this was the other news. 

i broke a ]2edeye KA motor mount...

CAM00103_zpsbygswnr6.jpg

stephen... what do i do? 

im gonna take it off here soon to see how much really broke.. 

edit, this pic is crap... ill get it wiped off and get a better one. but you can still kinda see how it popped the weld.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

welp, still waiting on a day off to pull out the motor mount and weld it up.. 

it has a flat again in the front thats making it lean way to the passenger side. had me worried i broke something underneath suspension related. 

it does pretty well in the snow.. i just need to weld the rearend already. itll happen before canby, thats for sure. 

i did get a list of have to do's before canby:

1. build the rear 3 link setup.

2. replace the timing set in the KA

3. put the s13 cam in it. 

4. get a new set of rockers/lifters from a stanza at the yard. 

5. convert frontend to balljoints and disk brakes. 

6. test it all out before canby...

im helping a friend get a 620 on tuesday. top secret project that might come to canby with us!

more to come...

That second pic is a little better. Definitely due to my earlier welding technique and your heavy right foot. :lol:

After this batch of mounts I am putting together is done they will all be 3/16 and fully welded like I do now. I'll send you a set of them when they are ready. :)

i figured out why the mount failed... 

2 out of the 4 mount to block bolts were gone. the rear 2 that are obscured by the exhaust manifold. 

didnt even notice they were gone. i took it to canby on 2 but put them in after the trip. they have since jumped ship..

so my fun filled night of getting sideways and burnouts was too much for jus the front 2 bolts. bam.. 

lol.. stephen, its up to you if you wanna send another pair.. see if i can break those? :) 

i always figured the leaf springs were the weakest link in this whole cobbled mess.. well see how the mounts hold up when i get my 3 link in and make this thing a little more solid in the back... the axle is getting welded too, so well see fairs.. 

why stanza rockers/lifters.? just curious.

its got the KA24e in it.. just the FWD one. 

all the valvetrain is the same as a RWD engine. the head is the same too. just the dist is mounted to the rear of the head.. 

the lifters in a few of mine are going bad, and they bleed out alot.. im just hoping to knab the stanza ones since they have alot less miles on em.. 

now that i think about it, im curious if the stanza cam is any different than the truck cam.... 

• Like 1

its got the KA24e in it.. just the FWD one. 

all the valvetrain is the same as a RWD engine. the head is the same too. just the dist is mounted to the rear of the head.. 

the lifters in a few of mine are going bad, and they bleed out alot.. im just hoping to knab the stanza ones since they have alot less miles on em.. 

now that i think about it, im curious if the stanza cam is any different than the truck cam.... 

Got it... I knew they had FWD SOHC KA's and the lower mileage makes sense. I was really hoping you were gonna tell me about some "free" performance upgrades by doing so :) 

• Like 1

right? itd be neat if there was a secret there... 

looked it up and i cant find a specific answer on the specs of the stanza cam.. 

the truck cam is 232dur and .390 lift. i have an s13 cam, and thos run 240intake dur, 248 exhaust dur and .409 lift... this will be a giant upgrade. lol

Niel when you do the 3 link will you bag it too or run coilovers ?

& i can verify if you raise the gas tank 2 inches it WILL be above the frame & not scrape.

& do what i didnt do strong enough..weld some flat stock from the axle to the frame before pulling the leafs & leave em until your lower arms are in place :confused: :rofl:

Niel when you do the 3 link will you bag it too or run coilovers ?

& i can verify if you raise the gas tank 2 inches it WILL be above the frame & not scrape.

& do what i didnt do strong enough..weld some flat stock from the axle to the frame before pulling the leafs & leave em until your lower arms are in place :confused: :rofl:

its getting coilovers on the back.. i got a set form a late 80s subaru wagon. 

ive got some angle iron i was gonna use to lock the axle in place with.. good on ya for the reminder!

and now, the pictures of the busted mount..

CAM00118_zps7tfchjmt.jpg
CAM00123_zps4dgwl3pc.jpg
CAM00120_zpslr1q7miq.jpg
CAM00124_zpsty5nxnah.jpg
CAM00122_zpsblpzcqyc.jpg
CAM00125_zpsbzjq2qfb.jpg
CAM00119_zpse2fprz3s.jpg

and hes the fixed mount! good as new!

CAM00130_zpspl4p4ecg.jpg
CAM00129_zpsqeuvwboi.jpg
CAM00127_zpsbblhboyk.jpg
CAM00132_zps0awp40xd.jpg
CAM00133_zpsrtuazrgn.jpg

i had to take it for a drive to test the new welds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_mR4Vef-0

the sound really sucked in the video... i dont know if my camera sucks or if the truck is just noisey...

• Like 2