Rustina510 wagoon

Adjust the exhaust pipe for clearance from the body.

Inspect the 6 U joints in the driveshafts for damage/wear.

Check rear tranny mount for damage/looseness/missing bolts

Check the rear diff for loose mounts.

Costs nothing unless you find something.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This wagon has been my dd for a month or two now and I love it.

Last weekend my wide asked me why I like old beat up cars so much, I took her for a ride while I did a bunch of errands and everywhere we stopped at least one or two people commented on the car "even a cute chick and that rarely happens" and talked about how much they liked it.

So then she said" oh, you like it because it gets attention" so then I said " not attention, I Luke it because it's classic, it's a part of history, I'm keeping a rare and old car alive and I love that"

She sat for a minute thinking and didn't say anything, well this morning she was mentioning how much it would cost to make the car a automatic so she can start driving it, so I told her " but remember, I said I want to keep the car alive" and we had a laugh :)

Now she sent me a picture of another 510 wagon with a auto tranny on craigslist for sale and is thinking about selling her Mazda 3.

So I told her to keep her Mazda. I'll start looking Ito making this car better for her to drie the kids in daily and I'll get a 2door again " may my old Tomoe after 510keeper fixes it up?".

So she said it has to have these features before she will really go for the wagon witch right now is named the green goblin.

Automatic.

No warm up time or rough morning starts.

So I'm thinking a ka24e automatic, cheap, easy, bam.

Next she said it has to not be so bumpy when drivin in it.

Ok, zx struts, softer springs, and I'll find out what's best the rear suspension when I have time.

Tinted windows. A/c, radio ,cd player ,mp3 hook up.

So again, ka24e from a Nissan 1989 240sx has all that plus a cool feature I have been trying to do for 3 years now.

Using a 240sx dash with HUD. Heads up display so the speedo projects itself right on the windshield.

And it can't be green. She said either dark red or really dark blue, and she wants a better rear seat and seat belts, new looking interior.

So it looks like I have a shit ton of work to do, I'll have about 2k in funds specifically for the car, that won't pay for all of it but I'm really hoping to get most of that list done

Might as well check the rear diff fluid and tranny fluid first .... .. I noticed my wierd noise got alot quieter when I put shirt over the shifter hole. .. . :lol:

... . with enough sound deadining the noise would go away .... :lol:

Yeah that's what I did first, last weekend, full tranny flush and cleaned out and refilled the diff.

This wagon has been my dd for a month or two now and I love it.

Last weekend my wide asked me why I like old beat up cars so much, I took her for a ride while I did a bunch of errands and everywhere we stopped at least one or two people commented on the car "even a cute chick and that rarely happens" and talked about how much they liked it.

So then she said" oh, you like it because it gets attention" so then I said " not attention, I Luke it because it's classic, it's a part of history, I'm keeping a rare and old car alive and I love that"

She sat for a minute thinking and didn't say anything, well this morning she was mentioning how much it would cost to make the car a automatic so she can start driving it, so I told her " but remember, I said I want to keep the car alive" and we had a laugh :)

Now she sent me a picture of another 510 wagon with a auto tranny on craigslist for sale and is thinking about selling her Mazda 3.

So I told her to keep her Mazda. I'll start looking Ito making this car better for her to drie the kids in daily and I'll get a 2door again " may my old Tomoe after 510keeper fixes it up?".

So she said it has to have these features before she will really go for the wagon witch right now is named the green goblin.

Automatic.

No warm up time or rough morning starts.

So I'm thinking a ka24e automatic, cheap, easy, bam.

Next she said it has to not be so bumpy when drivin in it.

Ok, zx struts, softer springs, and I'll find out what's best the rear suspension when I have time.

Tinted windows. A/c, radio ,cd player ,mp3 hook up.

So again, ka24e from a Nissan 1989 240sx has all that plus a cool feature I have been trying to do for 3 years now.

Using a 240sx dash with HUD. Heads up display so the speedo projects itself right on the windshield.

And it can't be green. She said either dark red or really dark blue, and she wants a better rear seat and seat belts, new looking interior.

So it looks like I have a shit ton of work to do, I'll have about 2k in funds specifically for the car, that won't pay for all of it but I'm really hoping to get most of that list done

That's why I bought my 2nd wagon with the Ford motor. Auto/trans ....and now with the KA24e with auto it's a keeper!

I almost(Do) want another one.

If you have already checked all the components listed so far in this post, and you still have a vibration (like I did once), then you might be running up against a harmonic oscillation. That is when you have multiple rotating items that are just enough out of balance not to notice by themselves, but when their imbalance harmonics synch up, you get a real shaker. Mine was a rear wheel/tire and the driveshaft at about 60mph in an old Chevelle. But since your talking about an old car, and safety should be a factor, make sure you check out all the other stuff first, then start balancing things. my $.02...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big plans today.

Installing brand new rear drums, shoes, cylinder, inner and outer tie rods, balljoints. And getting another front allignement

32071f28.jpg

81ae6e60.jpg

I blacked out the bumpers and the grille. To hide the rust tell I can get it refinished

9bd8e376.jpg

9bd8e376.jpg

Doing all front brakes next weekend once my pads, new 250 lbs springs. New camber plates and strut bar get here

I'm hoping this is the last thing I need, not counting the exhaust I'm waiting on.

Once that's done it's totally ready for body work Wich I'm super excited about!!!!!

Soon this little wagon will be perfect :0