Rustina510 wagoon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm more focused on te steering, and the tires.

I can't even really drive safely on the freeway because the steering and tires are all fucked up.

I've been trying to address the problem every weekend sense I got the car.

Again, when I turn at any speed above 25mph it will be turning, then it turns even more than expected all of the sudden. And she gets really inconsistent with really small amounts of water on the ground.

Any tips would be gratly appreciated

And how do I adjust my steering box? Maybe that will help my steering problem.

Also, my passengers side shock bolt is stripped and I cant tighten it, could this be causing my steering issues as the shock might be moving around?

Most of these issues feel like it's in the passengers side front.

when I re built my front end I just changed the fluid and then I used the adjustment nut on top of the steering box. I tightened it a quarter turn at a time until I got almost all the slop out of the wheel. I was told to do it this way because if you just crank it down and then drive it the worm gear in the box will wear out very quickly. Also do you have bump steer spacers? Those made a world of differnce on mine.

And yes once I get to that point, I think all the chrome will get high gloss black as well as the bumpers and window trims

to each his own. i like my bumpers chrome :) but i think the black window trim with tinted windows would look great!

• 3 weeks later...

Totally. Ant wait to install te rear bumper...

Quik question.

When I drive 70 mph or more, I'm getting a large hum in the rear end. It's only when the drive train is pushing the car " goes away when I push in the clutch or pop into neutral" so fat I have flushed the tranny, replaced all the rear diff fluid.

The car drives great but for some reason I'm getting this horrible noise when I get to 70 or more.

My next thought on this issue is maybe the exhaust? It sits on the body sense I rigged the exhaust up. My rubber hanger busted and I just used some wire, I jacked the muffler up and tied it down. Maybe I didn't give any clearance and at high rpm it might be causin this noise?

Also, I still have the shitty tires on the rear that came with the enkies, maybe the bad tires can't handle the speed? But I figured it would continue even when the car is in neutral while going 75.

Any tips on what to look for or move to next would be a huge help I'm tired of being blown by on te freeway.

• Like 1