Rustina510 wagoon

And thx for the compliments guys and gals. It's been hard to get in the garage with having sick kids. Overtime at work "to afford parts!!!" and moving across town.

I also have a 1.75" full exhaust but I don't want to put it on now. I want to weld it up to my new Ka im getting next month, im really excited about the new motor

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And thx for the compliments guys and gals. It's been hard to get in the garage with having sick kids. Overtime at work "to afford parts!!!" and moving across town.

I also have a 1.75" full exhaust but I don't want to put it on now. I want to weld it up to my new Ka im getting next month, im really excited about the new motor

Gimmy the L20 and 4 speed, yo :D

Sounds like a deal, yo!

Haha, i bought the motor in that car, the new clutch, some gaskets, accell pump gasket, installed it. you and I replaced the rear main in my driveway. Now i getta work for it, again :rofl:

Too damn funny.

I have some things out of my car when it had that single slammer in it, that I wont be using..........engine crossmember, custom transmission crossmember, and a pretty new in line Walbro 255 that was in the car for a couple of months but I didn't really drive it much so its still pretty new. Im changing my set up a lil bit

• 2 weeks later...

Had a major care today. Driving to work on 205, went to stop and again the rear fucking brakes had nothing. Swirved and avoided a crash. Limp to work. And their is brake fluid all over the rear passenger inner rim. I'm thinking it's the other brake cylinder. That's means I had to brand fucking new cylinders fail. On on each side and only like to months apart.

I don't have time to work on it and I have to pick up my kids after work. So I'm taking the car into the shop to pay and have it done...

So discouraging :( and scary, good thing I don't drive crazy or fast, I could have been Hirt and wrecked my baby 510wagoon yo!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to replace the front pads. Got one side done and the other side would not compress. Broke a brand new c clamp, sanded it down and covered it in on blaster and nothing. Fucker wouldn't budge.

Good thing I have to spare full front brake assemblies, I'll tear them apart and find one that works I hope.

Has to put the old pads back on the drivers side, she still brakes evenly but I really want all new front pads to last tell I go zx on this beeeeaaaaaaaatttttcccccchhhhhhhh

Pulled the other calipers off the spare front brakes I have, one of the 3 looks like It will probably work.

I looked everywhere for this part new, the brake caliper piston, for 2 days now through every resource I could think of.

No chance. Even talked to my uncle who is the south western arizona regional manager of napa and he pretty much told me I have a better chance getting my dime into the NASA space program :/

Actually no. But I did have to completely remove the piston from the caliper, scrap off the crap and rust, use 1k grit sand paper to sand it smooth again.

Did all that with the drivers side too but it was a no go, busted a brand new c clamp trying to push that bitch in.

But what's funny is the dam brake still works, I put the old pads back on and bled it out and I have a very even Brake line all around. Even locked them up at 35. 45. And 55 mph, turn around and saw a very even brake line.

So it still pushed out but won't go back in. Unlike your buthole izzo :rofl:

Just kidding

Actually no. But I did have to completely remove the piston from the caliper, scrap off the crap and rust, use 1k grit sand paper to sand it smooth again.

Did all that with the drivers side too but it was a no go, busted a brand new c clamp trying to push that bitch in.

But what's funny is the dam brake still works, I put the old pads back on and bled it out and I have a very even Brake line all around. Even locked them up at 35. 45. And 55 mph, turn around and saw a very even brake line.

So it still pushed out but won't go back in. Unlike your buthole izzo :rofl:

Just kidding

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was supposed to get my Ka and tranny today but the dude called me and said it will be another couple weeks :poop:

Oh well, I'm still totally stoked about the welding and body work tomorrow and it isn't as if the l20 is dying anytime soon so no biggie on the longer wait time

Big day tomorrow!!!!