Rustina510 wagoon

Well here we go again, I was looking through the forums and saw izzo was selling one of his Datsun " big shocker I know" so I got to work behind te seems and gathered as much cash as I could.

Once I had. Enough cash I sent him a pm then texted him so see if it was still up for grabs, we made a deal and set a time for me to come get it that Sunday, yay!!!

So it's tuesday and he texts me and said that some other guy who contacted him earlier was coming to get the car Sunday, BOOOOoooooo!

He said he wasn't sure what to do so I simply paid for the car first and beat the other guy to the punch, thankfully the other dude wasn't a ratsun member.

So I take Thursday off work and head to seaside to get the car, my friend Patrick and I show up and we start tearing the motor from the tranny to replace the rear main.

So we get it all apart no problem and get the seal in with out much fuss, put everything back together and then it took about 2 dam hours getting the tranny to stab back into the motor. Booooo!!!!!

We finally get it together and i head back to portland, now the entire drive she was backfiring and misfiring and not running good at all, so by the time I got home I was quit worried that I now have two datsuns that dont run

This is what she looked like when I first got her

77eed006.jpg

More to come

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the following weekend I began to make adjustments to the motor, my good friend leaceon came over with his timing light but we couldn't find the notch on the Polly to set it.

But a quik adjustment on the distributor fixed the backfiring and some small adjustments to the carb proved fruitful.

Also on the drive from seaside I was havin really bad speed wobble so after the backfire I worked on the suspension, as you can see below I installed a adjustable coilover kit I got from mr 510keeper. Thx James!!!

And billstien shocks, it really lowered the front and stiffend verifying up real nice

2d7ce30e.jpg

Here is how she sits now

205b650d.jpg

More to come

So then I started my usual parts obsession, got new hoses, new wiper blades, new airfilter, new cap and rotor,

New energy suspension lower control arm bushings " I need help installing them please" new outer and inner tie rod ends and new ball joints.

I also picked up a sweet ass set of 15x8 enkie 92's with decent looking tires on them.

f33dc2c5.jpg

Then leaceon came over again and we dropped the rear a little and now the right Hight looks perfect

This is her on my maiden voyage to work this morning

ee8e704c.jpg

9ee91928.jpg

29b9e486.jpg

Now, I have a question to ask.

The car has a pretty bad vibration when I get above 45-55 mph. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I think the tired might just be out of balance. Any tips?

And also, when I have her above 55 and I hit a bump or change lanes the steering is pretty jerky, I think te wheels are out of tow and the old balljoints and bushings?

Any help is appreciated guys and gals, thanks for reading so far.

I love the way she looks

ee8e704c.jpg

9ee91928.jpg

cf16445b.jpg

d0913023.jpg

82975d47.jpg

5dc28f87.jpg

be37a358.jpg

Firestone just called and said they can't do a tire balance, the tires are more than 10 years old an have some big flat spots, he did say the ukoints look and feel perfect and the tires are more than likely causing the vibration.

Also said the tow was way off and that should really help the steering at higher speeds.

I need a good set of 185.50.r15 for the car

I have some invisible 185.50.r15. Sell em cheap too, one trillion dollars.

:lol: :lol:

Can't or won't? Firestone sucks.

Can't, most likely. More and more tire shops are dating tires and can't service anything more than about 6 yrs old regardless of condition, because of "liability". Just found this out with some snows I was gonna have swapped, like 50 miles on perfect studs but 9 years old, they wouldn't touch 'em. Gonna do eet myself.